• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Wanted B Body drum brake Safety Switch/Proportioning Valve

Rob R

Local time
9:31 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can buy a New switch? or if worst come to worst a used one?

rebuild yours
I was not aware there was a kit for those switches. I had a few switches that showed a partial ground but tossed them. Someone must make them though since the Inline Tube proportioning valves have new switches. I don't know if you can buy one from them. It is ridiculous what they want for NOS.

Rob you didnt tell us for what car. Power or manual brakes?

I was not aware there was a kit for those switches. I had a few switches that showed a partial ground but tossed them. Someone must make them though since the Inline Tube proportioning valves have new switches. I don't know if you can buy one from them. It is ridiculous what they want for NOS.
On my Bee mine was bad. I took it apart and clean it and it worked as it should. There are kits to rebuild the proportion valve.

On my Bee mine was bad. I took it apart and clean it and it worked as it should. There are kits to rebuild the proportion valve.
Yeah, I know that but I thought you were speaking of the switch. I have fumbled with a couple of them. Tried new o rings and such but never had any luck getting the ground to clear. The switch don't care if it is Power, Manual, Disc or Drum. They are the same for all apps up to certain years. Newer styles are different though.

Does anyone know where I can buy a New switch? or if worst come to worst a used one?
What year car and type of car? Bob H
Yeah, I know that but I thought you were speaking of the switch. I have fumbled with a couple of them. Tried new o rings and such but never had any luck getting the ground to clear. The switch don't care if it is Power, Manual, Disc or Drum. They are the same for all apps up to certain years. Newer styles are different though.
I am out Bob H

Thanks for all the replies,I didn't think it mattered when it came to application when it comes to drum brakes, power/standard.
The switch is for a 69 Charger R/T, it's leaking out of the top of the switch.I don't think it is rebuildable.I'll order a new one "whole valve" from DrDiff and try and find a use one also in case there are problems with that new part...
Thank again for all the help...

Auto Transport Service
Back