• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Well my turn on the tow rope of shame.

Rusty knuckles

Local time
1:52 PM
Reaction score
Had a good time at the autocross today. But when I went to go home she cranked kinda slow and didn't start. Begged a jump from someone and still cranked very slow eventually not cranking at all. What the heck? Checked my grounds and they were good. Tapped on the starter while someone else cranked and she started cranking slow again.

Well I guess the starter is shot. Called my dad and drug me back to their house and my wife rescued me from there. I'll come back tomorrow with a trailer and take it home. Always heard headers cooked the starters and now I have first hand experience.

Had a good time at the autocross today. But when I went to go home she cranked kinda slow and didn't start. Begged a jump from someone and still cranked very slow eventually not cranking at all. What the heck? Checked my grounds and they were good. Tapped on the starter while someone else cranked and she started cranking slow again.

Well I guess the starter is shot. Called my dad and drug me back to their house and my wife rescued me from there. I'll come back tomorrow with a trailer and take it home. Always heard headers cooked the starters and now I have first hand experience.
That’s too bad, sir. I personally have never had that happen but, have had buds who it’s happened to. Knew a guy 44 years ago who bought a new Chevy K20 and had to have a starter put in it under warranty, for that same reason. The factory forgot to put the heat shield on it.

Time for a modern mini starter! Order one for a 95 Dodge ram. You might have to cut the positive stud a bit to clear the block,

Last edited:
Way better than leaving your own version of the Exxon Valdez.

Auto Transport Service
Back