• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's it Worth What’s a fair price for this hood?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan juhasz

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:11 AM
Reaction score
Friend of mine has a 69 super bee A12. The hood currently on the car is a 69 RT steel ram charger n96 twin hood scoop hood. All the ram air parts are not there , just solid rust free hood. He wants to put a fiberglass lift off hood back on the car. What is the value of his current steel hood?

IMG_2894.jpeg

IMG_2893.jpeg

With the Air Grabber parts you may pay in excess of $1000 or more.

How about without, just the hood as you see it
Worth more than $100, worth less than $1000. That's tough. I have seen hoods go for stupid money but I bought a nice one for $100 Meet in the middle at $500

isn't it just a flat hood with a few holes and slots put in it for mounting clips?

and the holes for the scoops of course

if there's no rust flakes and crumbs falling out of it, it's worth a lot more of a premium

I believe just the front filler piece would bring $100.

No ram air components and rust and dent free $6-$7 hundred. My opinion, if I needed one. If not less.

So it looks like anywhere from $500 to $800.
Offer him $500 and work to what your budget allows.

See how WIW threads really don't work. You know what they say about opinions? They are like azzholes,..............................everyone has one, and most of them stink. The OP is no closer than he was when he started the thread.

All I can say is if I needed a N96 hood in rust free condition to match up with a fender tag on a high dollar car, I'd pony up the $1200 if I could afford it. Good parts command a premium. Add it up, I have.

Chuck (snook)

All I can say is if I needed a N96 hood in rust free condition to match up with a fender tag on a high dollar car, I'd pony up the $1200 if I could afford it. Good parts command a premium. Add it up, I have.

Chuck (snook)
Yep. You have to find that right buyer.

The question to ask yourself: Where will I find another one ? The money comes, and Go's. Strike a deal, before it's gone...

If your car needs it to be correct, then you should buy it when you find it. They aren't making them anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back