• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What’s your FBBO story?

Bleep Bleep

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:23 PM
Reaction score
Each of us has some back story around how we ended up here, and what FBBO means to us. If you can share yours, there are likely some amazing stories to hear.

Some FBBO journeys may be a slow burn, unfolding like a flowering dream. On the other hand, there are others like mine I guess, fitting in more like an incendiary flash fire category.

Step 1: change thinking stage to (finally) action stage. Mecum Harrisburg - July.
2: have epiphany to dedicate action on Mopar.
3: find FBBO
4: find my personal group of FBBO professors willing to give
5: listen, learn
6: BUY. (fingers crossed officially tomorrow 9/16)
7: big smiles … and not to forget …

8: tell the other significant
other she’s still loved.

It’s been a tortuous 8 weeks. But if not for BabyBlue68, DeltaV, and HawkRod I may very likely still be floundering around 3, BBless

If you want, share your own story and a shout out to the key characters here in your experience.

IMG_0099.jpeg

I was on MoPar Muscle Mag. forum for sometime
& a few others, Pontiac Performance, Hot Rod (nothing but ********)
Popular Hot-rodding, Car Craft, Mopar Action they were in charge of,
before MotorTrend
bought them out, they all sucked after that, too many
Hot Rod PowerTour types/possers, too many tards with attitudes
& their mods sucked mostly, clicky & bias, but a few cool dudes
someone from Dodge Charger .com forum (now a graveyard)
recommended this place
I came over & stayed found a great place/home of sorts, people I like
(my avatar says 2011, it was actually in like 2008-ish IIRC, don't know why it says that)
I drug a couple active members from there (MMM & DC over to here too)

FBBO is far better then
(to a lessor level FABO, FCBO, FEBO TrucksOnly or his RR forum too :blah: )
the other MoPar specific forums, active with willing & helpful/knowledgeable
& 'mostly' friendly members too, not a bunch of posser
Extremely fair Mods in comparison to any others

Last edited:
Was a moderator/admin on another site but kept seeing members posting about this site so I joined. After awhile I saw the other site starting to die down so started spending more time here. A couple of years later the other site wasn't doing much of anything and spent even more time here lol!

I traded a real 68 Z/28 302 engine, straight across, for a 426 maxwedge, pan to carbs.
I bought a 62 2dr Savoy from GTX John to put it in. .
A friend found a A12, not running, and sold it to me for five times what he paid. The bottom of the aircleaner is now worth what I paid.
Both bought in the eighties. I still have both.

Was on DodgeCharger.com for 3 months? Think I was searching for something FBBO came up, sighed up. Didn't know about WW never posted there. It wasn't long before I picked up the site troll Richard Crainum with post from young frankenstein saying frau buker. Who the hell is this guy! He did a WTB had the part answered the ad. New Mark from NeHOA, had a little laugh didn't know he was a joker.

First project I ran into where I couldn't find an answer in a book or on a random place on the internet is/was my 1978 Monaco police sedan. Had some wiring issues, didn't have the books I needed, this place popped up as basically the only place I have found with an actual section for the much maligned late 70's Mopars. (They have wagons too!)
Got an answer. Found out the place is full of nice guys with a good sense of humor and lots of knowledge.
I lurk around daily now :)

Yeah, nothing glamorous here, Did a Google search for my restoration project and this FBBO site kept
popping up. I decided to visit and found a bunch of guys with a good sense of humor and some real
knowledge that they actually wanted to share! Got the feel of the site and went Gold right away to
help support the site. You're all stuck with me till the end!

I was steered to FABO because I had a lot of A bodies. Once I planted my seeds over there I noticed the additional sites that Joey ran. I have a B body, I joined B bodies. I have a truck, I joined trucks. I have a Roadrunner, Roadrunner site. I parted out a few E bodies with the help of FEBO. I like FBBO and FABO because to the traffic, and the cast of characters here is second to none.

I got my dream car, a 70 Road Runner 4 speed with an Air Grabber, in 2012. I found FBBO and joined.

I can honestly say that without FBBO, I'm not sure my restoration would have been finished, or would ever have looked as good as it does. There are lots of folks here willing to provide help and suggestions, and I try to do the same back to "pay back" for the help I received. :drinks:

Was on FABO and signed up when they launched this site. I like my B-bodies and you guys are pretty cool too.

I was setting in my hotel room in Hong Kong one night after work surfing the net looking for some info on a b body I was looking at picking up and came across this place. Had all kinds of information that I was researching and some pretty sharp guys so I signed up. Best money and time you can spend.

Was told about this site back in 2017 by a member here at a swap meet. Checked it out for about a year and joined. Was a novice when it came to working on these cars. I did take a welding class a few years before joining and learned other techniques. Since becoming member, I think I have graduated from a Novice to a Moderate Novice. I have learned a hell-of-alot from many members on this site(to many names to mention), especially the little things. I've had the Charger since 2005 and have applied many learning skills from the awesome knowledge from this MOPAR Brain Trust that is located here and nowhere else. I also cherish the many personalities that are on this forum and the sometimes warped sense of humor that is dished out every so often. Just have to say that all you folks are awesome and extremely smart about our hobby. Normally I would do a toast to each of you but I'd be dead by morning.
:drinks::drinks::thumbsup::luvplace:

First project I ran into where I couldn't find an answer in a book or on a random place on the internet is/was my 1978 Monaco police sedan. Had some wiring issues, didn't have the books I needed, this place popped up as basically the only place I have found with an actual section for the much maligned late 70's Mopars. (They have wagons too!)
Got an answer. Found out the place is full of nice guys with a good sense of humor and lots of knowledge.
I lurk around daily now :)
"nice guys with a good sense of humor"

Being late to the Mopar
party, I was looking for many
answers to build specifics.
The very first post observed
was from @Richard Cranium...
Need I say more?

I have to edit this post as
@kiwigtx, @Cranky, @HawkRod, et el;
deserve much credit for attempting
to hold this place together.
without bias or favoritisum. Hat's off.

Last edited:
I was setting in my hotel room in Hong Kong one night after work surfing the net looking for some info on a b body I was looking at picking up and came across this place. Had all kinds of information that I was researching and some pretty sharp guys so I signed up. Best money and time you can spend.
Amen to that brother

I’m a marginal almost hack mechanic. Why are there 17 diff tools at the end of what was expected as a 10 min job?

Point being, I do want (need) to do my own wrenching on this analog girl. That’s the other reason I’m glad I found you guys. I know now that with the knowledge and support from FBBO I can graduate into a fully accredited hack. And needing half of the tools it takes me now!

Auto Transport Service
Back