• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What color carpet?

NCC1968

Local time
2:28 AM
Reaction score
My 74 Satellite carpet looks blue, but I'm sure it used to be green (when it used to be new - when it used to be clean)

But..........what green? Was there more than one green or is it just the pics and/or diff manf online making it look varied?

My interior is tan/beige.......whatever it's called and deff do not want a carpet that color.

Any advice appreciated.

Here is my body tag decode:

RH23:
Plymouth Belvedere,Satellite
High
2 Door Hardtop
G4G: 318 150HP(net) or 170HP(net) 1-2BBL 8 CYL
St. Louis, MO, USA
191599: Sequence number
E44: 318 cid 2 barrel V8 230hp
D34: Light Duty Automatic Transmission
KJ6: Avocado Gold Poly Exterior Color
C2L3: Trim - Charger, Vinyl Bench Seat, Parchment
000: Full Door Panels
206: Build Date: February 06
263046: Order number
V1L: Full Vinyl Top, Champagne
U: USA Specifications
B43: Manual Brakes
G51: Unknown
J52: Inside Hood Release
M21: Roof drip rail moldings
M26: Wheel Lip Moldings
N95: Emissions Control
R11: Radio Solid State AM (2 Watts)
V5X: Body Side Stripes, Black
END: End of Sales Codes

- - - Updated - - -

-----------------------

PS

Looking at pics online I see tan with tan or brown(ish) carpets..............not so bad.

Green goes with the body, but may just be too dark inside.

I guess I can live with tan and some replaceable mats.

Input please.........

- - - Updated - - -

----------------------

PS to my PS

Since the color of the car is KJ6: Avocado Gold Poly Exterior Color it would make sense that the carpets I've seen for sale that look brown and are called "gold" would be correct.

Maybe the previous owner put in the green.

You could always go black carpet and it could be that it was black and faded to blue, UV damage can cause it to change colors. Have you pulled up the rear seat to see if the color under it is different, also check under your rear seat for a broadcast sheet, if its still there may indicate the carpet color. There are several different colors available from YearOne, both in cut pile and loop, https://www.yearone.com/Catalog/chrysler.b.body/interior/carpet-.-b.body/1971-.-1974-2-door-.-at

You could always go black carpet and it could be that it was black and faded to blue, UV damage can cause it to change colors. Have you pulled up the rear seat to see if the color under it is different, also check under your rear seat for a broadcast sheet, if its still there may indicate the carpet color. There are several different colors available from YearOne, both in cut pile and loop, https://www.yearone.com/Catalog/chrysler.b.body/interior/carpet-.-b.body/1971-.-1974-2-door-.-at

Since I am scrubbing the interior I was planning to pull the rear seat.............and am hoping the sheet is there. I think the vinyl was changed in the 90's...........hope they left the sheet.

- - - Updated - - -

ebay too: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1974-Plymou...ash=item4862180d91:g:kW0AAOSw37tV~nxj&vxp=mtr

If your dash pad and dash frame are the same or similar color to the rest of the panels in the car, then its a good bet the carpet was colored. If they are black, then your carpet was most likely black.

If your dash pad and dash frame are the same or similar color to the rest of the panels in the car, then its a good bet the carpet was colored. If they are black, then your carpet was most likely black.

Everything is tan................so tan(gold) it will be.

- - - Updated - - -

I was considering just changing the whole interior to black b/c I'm not a big fan of light interiors.

After my cleaning, a bit of paint and a carpet it will prob be fine............and cheaper :-D

Price Rockauto for the ACC carpets. I just did my 70 RR and they were the cheapest for the exact item from other vendors. It's all drop shipped from ACC anyhow, so might as well save money.

I used ACC carpets, good quality too.

Be sure to post up some pics when you get her all squared up!!!!

DSC04772_zpscv1pqicb.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

You can see how bad the seats were....working on rears now.

Carpet looks blue

DSC04784_zpstfc4xxd4.jpg

I can't imagine blue carpet with that exterior/interior color combination. Why not put in what you think looks good? It's your car......

Looks more green to me, but either way, yes, a lighter color should look ok. That carpet is also an 80/20 loop style if you don't like the rough look, you can always go with cut pile carpet, more plush look that loop carpets.

Looks more green to me, but either way, yes, a lighter color should look ok. That carpet is also an 80/20 loop style if you don't like the rough look, you can always go with cut pile carpet, more plush look that loop carpets.

Yeah...we were right. Under the rear seat it's green. I'm looking for a gold loop .......someone is sending me a sample so I'm good.

ImageProxy.mvc

.............and free shipping.
G24857420poly 1974 PLYMOUTH SATELLITE 2 DOOR AUTOMATIC CARPET
ALL color options: 20 gold 80/20 LOOP
ADD MASS BACKING: POLY BACKING
$136.99 x 1​
$136.99

- - - Updated - - -

I know this is when they switched to cut pile, but I like the loop............and loop is what is in there now - not sure if it is original or not.

Where I got it:
Got questions? Email us: [email protected]orCall us at 937-372-1521 M-F 9am-5pm EST

Auto Transport Service
Back