• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is a "Light Year"?

buzz-lightyear-toy-story.gif

The speed of light in a vacuum is 300 Million meters/sec or 186K Mi/sec, so a light year is the distance that is traveled for 1 year at the speed of light, but I am sure that you already knew that... :thumbsup:

ps.. 9.46 Trillion Kilometers or 5.88 Trillion Miles

Last edited:
Another perspective is if one mile equals one dollar, after traveling 5 years at the speed of light it would be about equal to our national debt.

Heh.....

A "light year" is when I only have to work 51 weeks out of a year......instead of 52...... :D

The speed of light in a vacuum is 300 Million meters/sec or 186K Mi/sec, so a light year is the distance that is traveled for 1 year at the speed of light, but I am sure that you already knew that... :thumbsup:

ps.. 9.46 Trillion Miles or 5.88 Trillion Miles

e9am2.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQAtsPbzB9asigtygruKNyKc_EkfGn54FqhRw&usqp=CAU.jpg
< Here ya go. Ooops... Light YEAR ??? Oooh... I misread the title, I thought it was light.... well, ya know the stuff us beer-bellies drink to try to get less beer-belly. :drinks:

A light year is exactly 1 year, where did you guys go to school?

upload_2022-5-28_11-7-4.png

Linky no worky.....will not play for me. I guess I'm in the wrong Universe....or light hasn't made it down this far south yet.

Auto Transport Service
Back