• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What offset for my new wheels? (70 Charger)

RXTREME

Local time
2:42 AM
Reaction score
Im getting 20x8.5 in front and 20x10 in rear. I know its not everyones favorite but its what i really want for this look im cooking up! I know which bolt pattern it is though. Just the offset! Let me know! Picture below:

IMG_2611.jpeg

The list is WORTHLESS, without + or - signs for offset, because without them, you know nothing about the wheel. And, you can't calculate the BACKSPACE, which tells you what you need to know about a wheel!
Plus, you have to know which way + and - is! .I don't bother with "offset" in any form. Tell me the backspace, I'll tell you if they fit.

Looking at those numbers, I'm guessing those in the third column are high positive offset numbers, which are highly unlikely to fit a '70 Charger, as all the wheel width goes inward from the hub...which is the modern way wheels are designed. So, you'd be bumping your insides of your frames and inner wheelhousings. That said, the chart you've shown doesn't even have column headings so we don't really know what that third column represents. And as already mentioned, backspacing is more important than how much the hub is offset from the wheel cylinder.

Assuming you haven't done anything crazy with the front end, and still have a stock width rear in it, I'd say you need 4.5 to 4.75 bs for the front 8 1/2s, and 5.5-5 3/4" bs for the 10s.
Your job to figure if any of those is close.
Paging @Kern Dog. I believe he has 18s on a 2nd gen Charger.

Last edited:
The list is WORTHLESS, without + or - signs for offset, because without them, you know nothing about the wheel. And, you can't calculate the BACKSPACE, which tells you what you need to know about a wheel!
Plus, you have to know which way + and - is! .I don't bother with "offset" in any form. Tell me the backspace, I'll tell you if they fit.
Just google back space vs offset and there are charts.

Auto Transport Service
Back