• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

whats the right conversion joint???

superbirdtom

Local time
3:34 PM
Reaction score
First off I have a 70 runner w hemi manual trans and dana 60- I just received a slip yoke from strange- The universal joint mount ears on the slip yoke are bigger than the ones on the driveline- So i need a u joint that will work- the factory ones will not-
i Started to research conversion joints which i found a couple -- one is SPICER # 5-460x - But the yoke has outside snap ring grooves and the factory 51 in driveline needs inside snap rings-and grooved cap ????? So a u joint with different size caps and inside snap rings for the smaller caps going on the driveline and bigger caps for the yoke w outside snap ring groves.
can anyone give me the correct u joint ? or do i have to send this Strange yoke back and get a mopar one? Thanks!!

You likely need Detroit 7290 to Spicer 1350 conversion u joint but take measurements to confirm. Order through your local auto parts store in case you need to return it. You can also call Strange, they will likely know exactly what you need.

You likely need Detroit 7290 to Spicer 1350 conversion u joint but take measurements to confirm. Order through your local auto parts store in case you need to return it. You can also call Strange, they will likely know exactly what you need.
Agree, detroit 7290 would be correct, the conversion depends on the new yolk most likely spicer 1350 its a bit stronger for sure.

yes that's exactly what is needed- PPL dont write descriptions correctly on that yoke i bought - its a strong yoke and im not sending it back so ill order that one through NAPA - mabe they have in stock - thanks !!!

I got the 7290 to 1350 and it worked out great!!!! had oreilly order it and came next day to alaska. thanks

Auto Transport Service
Back