• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wheel question??

crandall

Local time
2:29 PM
Reaction score
in the rear i have 5.5 inches of backspace clearance and 6.5 outward clearance. the front is stock..
I want to put in American Racing wheels.. they offer a 15 X 10 with -44 offset for the back.. should I go with this, or the 15 X 8.5 with -25 offset..
for the front should I get the 15 X 6 with +4 offset, or 15 X 7 with -6 offset..
I want wide white walls
will this look funny with the different offsets from front to rear?
should I just try to get all the same wheels?

I am building my first car, and don't know anything about this..
also in the rear the heavy duty leafsprings added about 2 inches of height

A 15x8 with 4.5 inches of backspace with a 275-60-15 tire for the rear, front 15x7 with a 245-60-15 with 4.5 inches of backspace. This combo fills out everything really nice.

15x7s would also work. I would go with the same size rims all around for the ease of rotation, stance and handling. I know it's only my opinion as well but I urge you not to go with wide whites. They look sorta dorky and old man-ish on our 60's rides.

These are 15 x 6 up front on my 63 I use a standard street radial tire that is 215/75/15. Ron

100_1101.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back