• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where does this go?

Car #4

Local time
1:25 AM
Reaction score
I found this lad on the floor under the front of my 68 Charger, forward of the radiator. It’s an inch long. Can anyone tell me where it might go?

IMG_9359.jpeg

Crawl underneath and start looking. What size is it?

Or bolt that holds the horns on. Many are used under the hood,fenders.

That looks like the same ones we toss under a friend's car, and then draw his attention to it at a cruise night. LOL

What size is the hex? That could help identify it, although the tapered tip seems odd for a Mopar…

It’s a 1/4 x 1 bolt. Everything to do with the hood latch is there and so are the horn bolts.

Can't believe everyone missed the fact Mopar doesn't use a bolt like that.... That is a Sems body bolt, used on GM's... See the pointy threads? Not from a Mopar... Somebody may have used it on a Mopar but it didn't belong there..

Okay, I see Black Sheep pick up on it.... And 440-4spd is saying Mopar did use them but I've worked on hundreds if not thousands of 64-72 Mopars & never seen it... By the late 70's maybe but those don't count... Cause the car in question is a 68...

May be the optional Gimlet point bolt from the battery tray support ????

but not sure.... I think horn bolts have grounding teeth on the washer?

20240815_194210.jpg

On another car.
That looks like the same ones we toss under a friend's car, and then draw his attention to it at a cruise night. LOL
A better trick is to pour a little liquid ( antifreeze, trans fluid ) under his car... "oh, look, what's that under your car ? " :lol:

Auto Transport Service
Back