• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which Mopar wears black the best?

SteveSS

Local time
10:45 PM
Reaction score
I'm saying the 3rd Gen Chargers. I think 2nd Gen Chargers are beautiful but I think black hides too much of their beautiful lines and proportions. 3rd Gens just look evil in black.

I like your thinking, especially the 73/74 SEs. I also like an SE in red with black top.

68-70 b body then 66/67 imo.

Only one!

My 69 coronet 1a (2).jpg

Last edited:
71 Runner looks pretty good in black too, If I had an A12 it would have to be black though.

viper3.JPG

I was always partial to this, my first car. I bought specifically because it was black. Wish I had better pictures.

64 Ply 1 retouched_zpswtamkow3.png

64 Ply 3 retouched_zpswywszybn.png

I just painted my 69 Coronet R/T black with a red tail stripe so that covers that but I also agree that most cars look good in black.

Last edited:
I remember, from thirty years ago at least, a 66 or 67 gtx, (could have been a satellite or bel 1 or two, it was a while ago) all black, hemi, dog dishes, huge tires, and a radical idle, cruising Colorado Blvd, on new years eve. Thought it was the most badass car I'd ever seen.

I remember, from thirty years ago at least, a 66 or 67 gtx, (could have been a satellite or bel 1 or two, it was a while ago) all black, hemi, dog dishes, huge tires, and a radical idle, cruising Colorado Blvd, on new years eve. Thought it was the most badass car I'd ever seen.
01-1661867367594@2x.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back