• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

White Interior help/advice

440plus6

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:25 AM
Reaction score
So when I bought my Charger it came with a white interior, not my choice but someone ordered it. When I bought it I noticed these blue stains on front seats along the console side and several underneath the rear seatbelts that were laying on the rear seat. I scrubbed and worked on all of them to no avail. I decided I couldn't live with them and didn't feel like dying them, altho maybe I should have. I ordered all new seat covers from Legendary and installed them. I left rear seat belts under the rear seat as nobody will be back there. Only utilized fronts. Well...... upon starting my recent project of installing sound deadening material I found those same #@! stains alongside console area again!! I am guessing perhaps someone dyed my seatbelts at some point and they are leaving these marks? First off does anyone know any voodoo I can apply to get rid of them. Although out of sight, I hate them! Secondly, am I on the right track with the dyed belts or am I missing the obvious somewhere? I cannot image a white interior from factory having black belts bleed all over them in a few short months from purchase. They are the original belts as one has label still intact. :BangHead: :BangHead:
Any and all advice would be welcomed.
Thank you,

There used to be a white shoe dye that may work. Try it on an inconspicuous spot to see how the the seat material reacts. I can't remember for the life of me what it's called or if they even make it any more. My mom used to use it when she worked at the hospital in the 80's.

Oh and get new seat belts!! lol

I've had good luck with Mr. Clean Magic-Erasers on my white interior and convertible top. Home Depot, Lowes or any grocery store.

I've had good luck with Mr. Clean Magic-Erasers on my white interior and convertible top. Home Depot, Lowes or any grocery store.
I used these on the somewhat yellowed seat on my FLH and was amazed at how well they worked.

IMG_0925.JPG

Clean the heck out of those belts. They may have sunscreen residue on them.

Auto Transport Service
Back