• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why black seatbelts in brown/tan interior?

rklewis1005

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:49 AM
Reaction score
Most of the Interior is Brown/Tan, it seems odd that the seatbelts (webbing and plastic) is black. I know I have to clean it up but it's black right?

As the 3rd owner, I'm 99.9% sure no one changed them out (spent the last 39 years in my Dad's garage). It just seems like an odd choice in a brown interior. I'm not looking to change them, I just want to be sure they're black. Was this a common thing?

Thanks,
Ross

PXL_20240602_191326853.jpg

PXL_20240602_191330308.jpg

PXL_20240602_212133659.jpg

PXL_20240602_212350960.jpg

Yes it is normal for 1970 B-bodies. Look on those white tags and it will have the year and quarter and it will be before the SPDmofmypue car.

If the car had deluxe seatbelts with a warning lamp they would be color matched to the interior.

Yes it is normal for 1970 B-bodies. Look on those white tags and it will have the year and quarter and it will be before the SPDmofmypue car.

If the car had deluxe seatbelts with a warning lamp they would be color matched to the interior.
That makes sense. Thanks

An old man came up to me one time while I was in a gas station pumping gas in my Charger and he mentioned he had a whole bunch of tan interior parts from a 69 Charger and wanted to know if I would be interested in buying all of it. I followed him to his house and bought it all and it included tan seat belts as well.

I was so bummed when fibishing up my racecar. I specifically built a brown interior. Race belts come in black, silver, red, orange, yellow, slime green, blue, and purple. No brown or tan.
Doug

Auto Transport Service
Back