• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Window adjustment

clazar

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:10 PM
Reaction score
I have a 70 RR. I needed to adjust the driver side window & really messed it up. It had a big gap where the frt & rear window meet. Now it's so far out, it's hard to roll up. Is there a simple procedure to get everything lined up correctly???

Chuck

I have a 70 RR. I needed to adjust the driver side window & really messed it up. It had a big gap where the frt & rear window meet. Now it's so far out, it's hard to roll up. Is there a simple procedure to get everything lined up correctly???

Chuck
With windows small adjustments make a big difference......So was all the glass and hardware removed and replaced at some point? Did you replace the "u" channel weatherstrip?

Both windows could be out of adjustment or maybe just one. They should be adjusted together. The front glass in and out adjustment is at the rear of the door through the body plug. The rear glass adjustment are the four large aluminum nuts. You loosen the nut and the tip of the bolt accepts a socket and you adjust from there...It is a trial and error process and takes a bit of time....

With windows small adjustments make a big difference......So was all the glass and hardware removed and replaced at some point? Did you replace the "u" channel weatherstrip?

Both windows could be out of adjustment or maybe just one. They should be adjusted together. The front glass in and out adjustment is at the rear of the door through the body plug. The rear glass adjustment are the four large aluminum nuts. You loosen the nut and the tip of the bolt accepts a socket and you adjust from there...It is a trial and error process and takes a bit of time....

The Dr side window had a larger gap at the top rear rubber moulding. I tried to adjust it & everything got out of whack. Right now if I try & roll the window down. It has a lot of resistance to it.

Chuck

The Dr side window had a larger gap at the top rear rubber moulding. I tried to adjust it & everything got out of whack. Right now if I try & roll the window down. It has a lot of resistance to it.

Chuck
It is binding at the vent frame and you adjustment is off

Hey all. I have 72 satellite hardtop two door. Have the body shop manual. Tried all different ways. Original equipment with new felt and stoppers etc
Cannot for the life of me get the front of window to seal without being too far up in rear of window. Adjustment bolts as far down as they can go. Any suggestions?
It’s like the entire window needs to move forward and then tilt more.

IMG_5884.jpeg

IMG_5882.jpeg

IMG_5881.jpeg

IMG_5880.jpeg

Uggg stupid. Finally figured it out. I had the pivot adjustment bracket upside down!!

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back