• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Window Down Stops for a Bird

TexasDave

Local time
1:48 PM
Reaction score
Can someone please explain where the side glass down stops are located on a 70 B body, Superbird? I'm missing something simple, but can't figure it out! When I roll both the passenger and driver side windows, they go way down into the door. I have a 69 Charger and there is a big bracket and rubber stop bolted into the middle bottom of the door for the down stop. I checked a couple of 70 B bodies and these brackets are not there.
Thanks!!

Is there a slotted hole at bottom of door for the rubber block to snap into? I have seen that on some cars.

I know this is an older thread...but does anyone have Information on these window stops for a 70 B- body? I need info for door glass Up and down stops. I dis assembled my car almost 20 years ago (and yes I bagged and labled everything and took detailed pics) but I cannot find any parts or info for the window stops. I am also upgrading to power windows in just the doors.

Moving this back to the TOP .. Where and what do these window down STOPS look like on 70 B Bodys??

Glass install starts about here...
Broke my 7UP Pop Machine today....
Thanks for the thread......Question about down stop adjuster...WHERE IS THIS LOCATED???? IS this in a Manual regulator??

Down Stop Adjuster.jpg

Can someone please explain where the side glass down stops are located on a 70 B body, Superbird? I'm missing something simple, but can't figure it out! When I roll both the passenger and driver side windows, they go way down into the door. I have a 69 Charger and there is a big bracket and rubber stop bolted into the middle bottom of the door for the down stop. I checked a couple of 70 B bodies and these brackets are not there.
Thanks!!
I have factory power windows in my '70 Charger and it has the big bracket and rubber stop as you described. Below were taken of my driver's door.

IMG_20230128_140343609.jpg
IMG_20230128_140412766.jpg
IMG_20230128_140133608.jpg
IMG_20230128_140450985_BURST001.jpg
IMG_20230128_140510565.jpg

Below is the bottom side of my '70 Charger driver's door showing the plate with the two threaded studs for mounting the big bracket shown above.

IMG_20230128_135759289_HDR.jpg

Below is the bottom side of a '68 Charger passenger door without power windows. Note the dimples for locating the holes needed for mounting the plate with threaded studs.

IMG_20230128_140940287.jpg

Below is the bottom side of a '70 Charger passenger door without power windows. Same dimples/locations as the '68 passenger door above.

IMG_20230128_141103817.jpg

DeltaV !!! THANK YOU ! - You nailed it right on the head ! (LOVE THE PICS) I DID convert to power windows and there is no way to stop them from bottoming out. Your PICS show it all. NOW - instead of "reinventing the wheel"...where can I acquire these from???

where can I acquire these from???
It's going to be tough to find them. Not many '70 Chargers came with option code P31 power windows.

'70 Charger base: 110
'70 Charger 500: 1,082
'70 Charger R/T: 806

No six cylinder '70 Chargers were built with option code P31.

It's going to be tough to find them. Not many '70 Chargers came with option code P31 power windows.

'70 Charger base: 110
'70 Charger 500: 1,082
'70 Charger R/T: 806

No six cylinder '70 Chargers were built with option code P31.

I added power windows to my '67 R/T, and had the same problem with front window down stop. My solution is kind of crude and is definitely not factory. I drilled out the two embossments in the door bottoms. I then placed a length of 2x4 wood in the bottom of the door, and screwed it in place through the holes in the door bottom. Like I said, kind of crude but the right height, and it has worked for the past 30+ years. Who is going to see it anyways?

I added power windows to my '67 R/T, and had the same problem with front window down stop. My solution is kind of crude and is definitely not factory. I drilled out the two embossments in the door bottoms. I then placed a length of 2x4 wood in the bottom of the door, and screwed it in place through the holes in the door bottom. Like I said, kind of crude but the right height, and it has worked for the past 30+ years. Who is going to see it anyways?
Thats IT ! - I actually built mine out of 2 x 4 rectangular steel tubing....;)

Auto Transport Service
Back