• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Window Weather Seal

Ranger16

Local time
11:25 PM
Reaction score
'69 Road Runner hardtop (RM23).
As you can see in the pictures below, the top of the trailing edge of the seal has deteriorated. My question is, can I just slide the seal up and out of the chrome track and reinstall the same way or do I have to open the door panel.

Second question is, is this the correct seal? Looks like I will have to buy the kit with leading and trailing edge for both doors. I only need the trailing edge for the drivers door, so if anyone knows of someplace to buy them separately, it would be appreciated.
https://www.yearone.com/Product/chrysler-b-body/p6105#prettyPhoto

IMG_8728.jpg

IMG_8727.jpg

IMG_8726.jpg

Hmm, at that price it would be nice, but the link say's "Quarter Window Glass". Is the door glass considered the "quarter window"? I'd have thought that might be the rear (back seat) window.

The rear glass is the quarter window. That is the seal that goes between them. THe Items you posted looked like the catwiskers that go along the top of the door at the bottom of the door glass.

The description is as follows..
Installs vertically between the door glass and the quarter glass. They are what you need.

seal.png

Last edited:
OK, thanks. Just ordered them. That answers question #2, but how about #1. Do I just slide the old one up and off and install by sliding the new one down into the track in the chrome, or do I need to get into the door panel?

Last edited:
OK, thanks. Just ordered them. That answers question #2, but how about #1. Do I just slide the old one up and off and install by sliding the new one down into the track in the chrome, or do I need to get into the door panel?
Im having the same issues. How did it work out for you? Also looking for the chrome trim that goes over it also. And the guide screw>? item 10 and 11 in the book. Not sure why this part is so damn hard to find.?

Screenshot 2024-09-09 101313.png

Auto Transport Service
Back