• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Windshield Washer Reservoir

Mariposa Mike

Local time
6:38 PM
Reaction score
Still sorting this car out for originality and I have noticed the reservoirs under the hood of other 66 chargers are rectangular and square(ish). Mine says MOPAR but has an angled front rather than straight sides. Are both correct? Or maybe the rectangular ones are after market??? They look really white...like new. Mine is a little off white like it has been there a long time but maybe it's after market. Hope the pictures explain what I am asking about. I don't have one of the others I have seen.

IMG_0603.jpeg

IMG_0604.jpeg

looks like they put an A body reservoir on yours, ( which is same as 65 B body btw ) 1966 B body should look like so

hemi2.jpg

reservoir .jpg

I don't know why they did it but the repops have the cap hinge on the wrong side.

Still sorting this car out for originality and I have noticed the reservoirs under the hood of other 66 chargers are rectangular and square(ish). Mine says MOPAR but has an angled front rather than straight sides. Are both correct? Or maybe the rectangular ones are after market??? They look really white...like new. Mine is a little off white like it has been there a long time but maybe it's after market. Hope the pictures explain what I am asking about. I don't have one of the others I have seen.

View attachment 1681492

View attachment 1681493
Your reservoir is superseded reservoir. When the originals ran out they sold those as replacements. In early 1980's saw an ad for the reservoir listed with original pn no picture so ordered it. Tank came in and it was like your. Call them and they said superseded replacement. Believe those came on 68 Darts, Sold it $10 to a guy with 68/69 440 Dart.

The reason it was done may be that when the PO put a large square coolant recovery bottle and bracket on that side he also removed the stock horns (which did not come with the car BTW) to make room for it. The larger reservoir might have been too large as well. I will order a stock one. Also did not know about Dantes. Looks like they have a lot of products for our cars. Thanks for the link and replies. Good to know what should be there.

Auto Transport Service
Back