• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

wiw 383 dual tunnel ram w carbs

BeatersRus

Local time
11:54 PM
Reaction score
got a chance to buy a car for parts,it has a 383 with a dual tunnel ram and edelbrock carbs.
was trying to figure out if this dual carb intake and carbs was worth reselling.
any advice would be appreciated.

Unless your gonna run strictly track, tunnel rams are not the hot setup for street in my opinion...look cool but they are only happy up in the higher RPM range. Offload as soon as you can and pick up a nice dual plane, your engine will have better manners for street driving.

i agree,tis why id be selling it,if i can figure out what its worth.
probably look good in a rat rod application.

I've been running a 383 with a tr for 10 years, runs great, drive it all the time.
First with 390s, then 600s, now efi.

The Weiand is the best one made. Whether it has been messed with will effect value, poorly ported, drilled for nos, powder coated, etc. And of course the condition of the carbs. I never ran Edelbrocks on a tr.

I've seen them sell for 4-500 years ago, lately for half that, sometimes quickly, sometimes bumped for months.
Iirc the last one I saw sell was eventually split up and sold, the tr was powder coated and went for around $250.
Ebag might get you more, probably from someone looking for the 'look' who will regret it and sell it a month later, but their fees suck lately, tax, and shipping can sometimes be quoted too low if you don't package it first and calculate it yourself.

I might be intetested if/when you get it for another project.

I have two Weiand Hi Rams, one B and one RB. The B intake is probably worth more as they haven't been made for years. I bought both of mine used years ago. The Weiands have a reputation for being awesome torque producers. I want to try mine on my 440 but it won't fit under the six pack scoop, so it waits on the shelf. Someday...

Auto Transport Service
Back