• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wow! Dodge Daytona sold on Mecum

IMG_20240817_160924956.jpg

Sure am glad I am building my clone,real ones are way out of the reach of the average enthuiests!

00001.jpg

Great! All our Muscle cars just went up in value! Yay! A mere $100,000 will take my '67 R/T. LOL.

Another 69 Daytona, unrestored with 440, original paint, complete with old stickers, decals, and dents, sold for $240,000

Mecum you say? Well they never do anything like buy their own vehicles back to artificially inflate market price. Nope, not once.
I wonder when they will put that $45,000 Cordoba back on the block again.......

Another 69 Daytona, unrestored with 440, original paint, complete with old stickers, decals, and dents, sold for $240,000

Wow... that was a local car. Unbelievable $.

Screenshot_20240818-081612.png
l liked this one better than the green one. Had more character and was more affordable to those looking for a good deal.

Hemi 4 speed Daytona was one of my 2 bucket list cars when I was younger. If I had millions I would buy one before a Classic Ferrari or anything else so I agree with the value on it.
Was this the Daytona that got it's nose knocked off when new in Alberta by chance?

Who would even drive a Daytona they paid 3.3 million dollars for? I am going to build the clone,the car is a real plum crazy purple Charger R/T car. I am going to drive the hell out of that car! The green car is a mueseum piece at this point!

Actually, it's one of those deals that if you love cars and can afford to pay the 3.3 you can afford to drive it without worry I think. If you love money more than cars then you don't drive it.
Especially a car that's been restored, if it's been painted once then it would be no big deal to fix a dent and paint a fender again. "Survivors" would be different of course, that's why I wouldn't own one.

The car was probably a blast to drive back in it's 1975 configuration! ust another old Dodge!

Actually, it's one of those deals that if you love cars and can afford to pay the 3.3 you can afford to drive it without worry I think. If you love money more than cars then you don't drive it.
Especially a car that's been restored, if it's been painted once then it would be no big deal to fix a dent and paint a fender again. "Survivors" would be different of course, that's why I wouldn't own one.
Not in the league of that Daytona, but the '69 GTX I spent 52 years trying to buy has been restored to a pretty high level, and I drive it to Carlisle every year, it's never been trailered. It's the last one I'm ever going to own, and I've been fortunate to reach a place where it's okay for the car to lose value. If I reach the point I can't drive it, it will be gone.

C23D616C-9528-423B-B995-7B189768A546.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back