• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB WTB 11x2 1/2 or 11x3 backing plates

Mike meeks

Local time
12:28 PM
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm looking for a set a nice set of either 11x2 1/2 in backing plates or 11x3 in backing plates for 8 and 3/4 rear end. They're going to be used on a '69 charger thanks Mike

I have a complete rear end minus center section 8 and 3/4 out of a '69 Coronet RT.... Let me know if interested. I am in Schenectady, New York. Only a few hour drive away!!!

What backing plates are on the rear end? The one I have now has all kinds of mismatched components so there's a number of ways I can go. They have 11x3 drums which are brand new. The person before me ground down the outer edge of the backing plates and they still contact the drum with two and a half shoes. I probably could go to a 10-in drum and now that I think about it, the axles determine the drum in bagging plate. So I would have to have two and a half so it doesn't matter if I go 10 or 11 in. I have to have a 2 and 1/2 in backing plate

11 inch original everything except pumpkin....out of wrecked 69 Coronet RT.... That sat since 1971. All original parts

Auto Transport Service
Back