• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Wtb 426 industrial block

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceedawg

Local time
8:18 PM
Reaction score
Like title says wtb 426 industrial block

I have 413 Industrial Block still standard and low use in an
Oil field.
Myself I have never seen a 426 Industrial block that was not a bored
413 block.
It is common to bore a 413 (industrial block) all the way to 440.

I have 413 Industrial Block still standard and low use in an
Oil field.
Myself I have never seen a 426 Industrial block that was not a bored
413 block.
It is common to bore a 413 (industrial block) all the way to 440.
The one I got was an original engine for that crane 4.25 bore but worn. He had an almost new 440 and it would been more money to rebuild the 426, I traded an industrial 413 crank for the block. Then I had it bored .060 over. My 426 TMP HC block had no cylinder wall behind 2 sleeves, (unknown to me before I bought car) the machinery guy hooked me up with the crane guy. Max block went to dump.

I've got this old 1966 426 marine engine...it is based on the industrial block

IMG_20231004_192538875.jpg

IMG_20231004_192717538.jpg

Hope it wasn't run in salt water, friend was given 2 413's blocks rotted out. Probably has adjustable rockers. I the middle is the dist from 413 left goes in dist hole then dist, dist shaft is a 1/2" longer than a RB. Think because reverse rotation would push oil pump drive up against dist shaft.
md.jpg

That's pretty neat. I would call it a marine engine, but not an industrial.
Do they share the same block? Quite possibly.

That's pretty neat. I would call it a marine engine, but not an industrial.
Do they share the same block? Quite possibly.
My dad and I changed out 2 400s in his boat, they were raw water cooled. The water jackets were completely ate up (holes into cylinders). When going back with new engines fresh water system was installed to stop that.
Salt water will kill them, fresh water lakes no problem. Ours was in the Chesapeake bay.

For some reason I’m not receiving some pm reply’s so I’m not ignoring you it just won’t come up. I’m receiving e-mails but that’s as far as it will take me. Not sure what to do now.

I have available an Aug of '61 cast, Oct assembly, pad is blank except for assembly date (no c i d) 413 std bore......$750

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back