• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

You know anything about this Coronet´s history?

Ragnar S

Local time
10:13 PM
Reaction score
I bought this ´67 500 in 2015, from a towing company in Upper Darby PA, just west of Philadelphia. They had acquired the car as "abandoned vehicle" at an auction. They only knew that the car had resided close by in Springfield PA. She has a 273 with an automatic. Stuff I found in the trunk indicates that a previous owner might have worked for a railway company. I am just asking this out of pure curiosity.

IMG_0502.JPG

273 is somewhat of a oddity in a 500.
I believe that had to be "optioned down" from the 318.

Cool car.
Let's see more of it.

What kind of railroad related stuff was in the trunk?

Nice looking Coronet 500, congrats!

Not so fast on the 318 as standard.

The Coronet 500 brochure states that a 6 cylinder or a 273 was standard.

The 67 Satellite brochure states 273 was standard.

Actually the 273 should have been an A body only engine, they were very gutless as compared to a 318 in a B body.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
OK, then.

Still rarely seen.

OK, then.

Still rarely seen.
Agree, because if anyone drove one they wouldn't buy it or order it.

I had one and drove that pathetic thing for a few years.

273 is somewhat of a oddity in a 500.
I believe that had to be "optioned down" from the 318.

Cool car.
Let's see more of it.

What kind of railroad related stuff was in the trunk?
The VIN and fender decal clearly show it as a factory 273. There were some heavy duty manual labour tools in the trunk as well as a towel with initials that could have belonged to a railroad company. Something for those who correctly claim that this version of a 273 was not a powerhouse: Perhaps that is the reason this Coronet survived :). Another fun fact was that a previous owner had added two small red lights inside the front grill (see attachment). I have been told that such lights were referred by some as "sex lights" and were like a sign that the owner was cruising trying to interest the girls.

coronet ljos.JPG

The VIN and fender decal clearly show it as a factory 273. There were some heavy duty manual labour tools in the trunk as well as a towel with initials that could have belonged to a railroad company. Something for those who correctly claim that this version of a 273 was not a powerhouse: Perhaps that is the reason this Coronet survived :). Another fun fact was that a previous owner had added two small red lights inside the front grill (see attachment). I have been told that such lights were referred by some as "sex lights" and were like a sign that the owner was cruising trying to interest the girls.

View attachment 1732909
Roxanne, you don’t have to put on your red lights . . .

Didn't Christine have lights behind the grille in the movie? Get those working and post some pics at nighttime.

Auto Transport Service
Back