• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Z Bar tune up or maintenance kit

Dennis H

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:27 AM
Reaction score
Is there a vendor here who sells this? Fork is fine, and throw out bearing new. Clutch does not have the linear feel it did before and needs to be toed out for full return on occasion. Engagement is fine. Preparing for the road.

Hi Dennis,

Yes, there is. I do not recall who I got mine from, and I just checked my "dungeon" to see if I still had the bag - I do not. Likely I got it from Passion Performance. It had all the nylon pieces, felt washer (if I recall properly), etc. It allowed me to replace all the wear parts related to the Z-bar.

Hawk

I have this this will be a an b body with an a engine clutch Rod kit

1531000237820-1084096316.jpg

That's a vague description of a problem. If the pins on the z bar are worn Brewers sells them and nylon bushings. Easy to grind welds on pins and knockem out and weld new ones in.
http://www.brewersperformance.com/proddetail.php?prod=TSP
I'll try harder. Has like a chafing sound when depressed. When going downstairs to spray the crap out of everything with the white lube, it was recommended to replace worn components as needed at the same time. It is not hydraulic. Nor do I want one. Don't want it to feel mickeymouse like the one in my new Challenger. I did see something at Dante. Would prefer the whole kit and not requiring welding. Hate to mess with this just prior to Reno as adequate shake down time is needed.

Hi,

I finally found a reference, I did use a rebuild kit from Passon. However, if memory holds, it looked (about) the same as the kit you have pictured.

https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/hawk-rod-the-restoration.65096/page-35

Auto Transport Service
Back