• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

440 aftermarket temp sender location

Sonny

It’s all fun til the rabbit gets the gun.
Local time
12:23 PM
Reaction score
There are 2 extra plugs on the top of my water pump housing next to the heater hose nipples. I assume this a good place for the temp gauge?

I installed a tee where the original sender is that way I still have my original gauge along with the aftermarket gauge. It's nice to have both and it's very simple.

Pick your plug, either works. I was able to remove the second plug on my Charger after 49 years, I was amazed.

There are two places you can put it...mine is on the driver side like the blue engine here. I don't think it matters operation-wise, since either location puts the sender in the return flow right before the T-stat
P6160010-1.jpg
DSC01097.jpg

703429A5-3BA4-4940-82C6-E7A4C8B76A62.jpeg
There are two places you can put it...mine is on the driver side like the blue engine here. I don't think it matters operation-wise, since either location puts the sender in the return flow right before the T-stat
View attachment 664437 View attachment 664438
I have the lower passenger side inlet housing so I put the mopar sender on the front and will add my aftermarket sender to the top.

Auto Transport Service
Back