• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stockish 440 dyno RWHP results

ScottyG

Local time
12:29 PM
Reaction score
So before I swap to my 493cu build, I wanted to baseline the stockish 440.
906 heads reworked with bigger valves
SM79 efi single plane, headers. Stock steel crank and I don’t now the pistons or rods or compression. Cam is prob stock as well
Car is on holly terminator x stand alone. Multiport fuel injection, I wish I can post some vids of the full pulls. This is RWHP not BHP or nethp . Engine liked around 36-38* afrs were around 12.6

IMG_5818.jpeg

IMG_5802.jpeg

IMG_5805.jpeg

IMG_5809.jpeg

IMG_4746.jpeg

IMG_5820.jpeg

Before I looked at the results, in my mind I was thinking 280-ish.
I guess I was pretty close.

What was changed between the red and blue tests?

I expected a higher torque number.

What I’d like is to see some track performance numbers, to see how the hub dyno numbers correlate to track results.

What I’d like is to see some track performance numbers, to see how the hub dyno numbers correlate to track results.
Exactly. I’ve read that hub dynos gives lower hp numbers than a Dynojet. If true, I think the OPs numbers are pretty respectable.

Before I looked at the results, in my mind I was thinking 280-ish.
I guess I was pretty close.

What was changed between the red and blue tests?
Just timing first real pull was 32* red .
blue was 36*. We did 38 and it picked up just a little bit than 36 but lost some down low .

Exactly. I’ve read that hub dynos gives lower hp numbers than a Dynojet. If true, I think the OPs numbers are pretty respectable.
Dynojets, mustang , hub dynos. It’s just more of a tuning tool. Instead of doing it on the street or track. It’s my buddy’s hubdyno so why not . I was surprised with the numbers! I was thinking like maybe 250max so It was really cool when we hit over that . We were thinking about adding so octane booster and messing with the fuel tables but at the end it wasn’t worth the extra couple ponies for the time

What did he get out of that whistlin' 6?

What did he get out of that whistlin' 6?
Hasn’t been properly put on it yet. Has been street tune and at the strip . Has gone 138mph on 18lbs . But it’s going on the hub dyno soon. Car is fully built and runs off fuel tech standalone

Hasn’t been properly put on it yet. Has been street tune and at the strip . Has gone 138mph on 18lbs . But it’s going on the hub dyno soon. Car is fully built and runs off fuel tech standalone
Fairly substantial build !

Is this an automatic or manual transmission car?
I guess automatic? If so the rule of thumb 20% gross to net loss + another 20% transmission/driveline loss seems to be pretty accurate!

Is this an automatic or manual transmission car?
I guess automatic? If so the rule of thumb 20% gross to net loss + another 20% transmission/driveline loss seems to be pretty accurate!
its a 4speed car. i think its right on par for power wise.

Auto Transport Service
Back