• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1977 cordoba Brake lights no worky

Ok. According to the owner’s manual see pic. Which doesn’t make sense because all that works. Will attempt to take video and post link.

View attachment 1657487
Looks like fuse 4 is your stop light fuse. Does your lighter work? Do any of the items work listed under fuse 4?

Last edited:
Well, it has been a very long time since I have been on here. So long that my son who was a wee boy has now grown and bought himself a 1977 cordoba just like mine (some differences).
So just realized the brakes lights are not working. All bulbs are good believe the switch is good. But what I am hoping for is someone can point me in the direction of a wiring diagram for the brake lights/ tail lights.
The switch has a pink and white connected with two blue at the rear of the switch. I am confused how the actual brake light get powered. I physically took the bulb touched the two bottom contacts to the negative battery terminal each separately and touched the cup to wire connected to positive. one filament for the park/ turn signal lit and the brake filament lit. So where is the positive for the actual circuit to light the brake filament.
Anyway any info or wiring diagram helps. Thank you, thank you

P.S. photo post soon.
Well, it has been a very long time since I have been on here. So long that my son who was a wee boy has now grown and bought himself a 1977 cordoba just like mine (some differences).
So just realized the brakes lights are not working. All bulbs are good believe the switch is good. But what I am hoping for is someone can point me in the direction of a wiring diagram for the brake lights/ tail lights.
The switch has a pink and white connected with two blue at the rear of the switch. I am confused how the actual brake light get powered. I physically took the bulb touched the two bottom contacts to the negative battery terminal each separately and touched the cup to wire connected to positive. one filament for the park/ turn signal lit and the brake filament lit. So where is the positive for the actual circuit to light the brake filament.
Anyway any info or wiring diagram helps. Thank you, thank you

P.S. photo post soon.
The white wire on the switch becomes positive when pedal is pushed. It then goes into the steering column connector and comes back out of that connector as a DGN wire going to left cowl connector then through the left rear trunk connector. If you can trace for voltage thru these connectors with pedal pressed you may find the disconnect. The stuff inside the steering column gets a little complicated so if DGN wire doesnt come out positive more sleuthing is required. Hope this helps.

The white wire on the switch becomes positive when pedal is pushed. It then goes into the steering column connector and comes back out of that connector as a DGN wire going to left cowl connector then through the left rear trunk connector. If you can trace for voltage thru these connectors with pedal pressed you may find the disconnect. The stuff inside the steering column gets a little complicated so if DGN wire doesnt come out positive more sleuthing is required. Hope this helps.
The wire in the switch comes out in two colors to the rear. Right and Left. Read the rest. He has no power on the pink feeding the switch. He is confused already so do not confuse him more.

Auto Transport Service
Back