• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ac compressor or Emissions pump?? (Video included)

pjoll84

Local time
2:30 AM
Reaction score
What the heck is this thing?
Dont have any A/C as far as I can tell. Nothing glaringly obvious anyway.
https://youtu.be/e8SAbPHJCMY?si=aumWA71XTJekxYdO

image.jpg

Where do the hoses go? It looks to be a/c to me. Possibly a rear a/c unit? Is there a condenser? Whats in back of the van?

Where do the hoses go? It looks to be a/c to me. Possibly a rear a/c unit? Is there a condenser? Whats in back of the van?
IMO.....it appears to be EITHER a Borg-Warner YORK or a Tecumseh 2 cylinder A/C compressor. Hoses and isolation valves (suction and discharge) and fill valves with pressure connections are on top side. Built for R12 refrigerant....should be/could be converted to R134A. Clutch looks like a Pitts-Electrolock.......Need better pix to identify.......
BOB RENTON

That absolutely looks like an A/C compressor.
THANK YOU for recording the video in Landscape format. So many people are idiots and record video vertically.

York compressor, BW & Tecumseh are cast iron, York is aluminum... Aftermarket brackets, not OE... Probably had a dash hugger under the dash & over the doghouse...

York compressor, BW & Tecumseh are cast iron, York is aluminum... Aftermarket brackets, not OE... Probably had a dash hugger under the dash & over the doghouse...
I believe the hose connections were located on the cylinder head and were called "ROTO-LOK" with the access connections. Popular with FORD and after market......GM used R4 and A6 and v5 compressors.
BOB RENTON

Auto Transport Service
Back