• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hood pin holes

HEMIGTX70

Local time
5:49 AM
Reaction score
Hello, What size are the holes that are drilled in the hood where the hood pins go through? Also, what size are the holes for the screws for the plate that screw to the hood? Thanks!

I have a 71 Cuda and hopefully B are the same size. I have an AMD repro hood and the pin holes are a shade under 1", the Pin itself is a 1/2", gives some room to fit, and the screw holes are maybe 7/32", but they are self tapping. I think AMD is metric with the opening because of it less than 1". Your best bet is to buy the set and use it for a template. The opening on the chrome plate is 3/4". check to make sure E & B body hood pins are the same.

1714444201177.png

Strange question. Make them fit. 1 inch sounds too big to me. Mine are around 5/8" I think.

Cant you just drill the hole the same size as the plate that covers the hole?

I bought a billet pin holder because I didn't like the look of a flat chrome plate,

I bought a billet pin holder because I didn't like the look of a flat chrome plate,
Flat plates are after market items. The factory plate is stamped and raised off the hood except for the edges. My factory plates look like these reproductions.
1714546797299.png

Do E body cars have separate mounting plates for pins?

I constantly see cars with pins in the wrong location.
This drives me crazy.
B body cars have clearly marked mounting locations with stamped holes already in the hood frame

I put a set of factory style hood pins on my 2010 Challenger. I drilled the holes to 7/8ths . I knew that the factory holes were larger the 3/4 but I thought that they were less than an inch. An inch appears to be correct though.

20230221_194519.jpg

20230226_150628.jpg

20230226_150638.jpg

20230226_150646.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back