• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hood pin holes refined

HEMIGTX70

Local time
8:04 AM
Reaction score
I guess I should have been more specific in my request for measurements of the hood pin holes for my hood.

Could someone who has a hood with factory hood pins from a 70 Road Runner / GTX that was built at the Lynch Rd. plant please measure the diameter of the hood pin hole drilled in the hood from the factory?

Thank you.

My Roached Runner is original everything. I can measure mine when I get a chance. I want to say off of memory factory holes are 3/4" dia.

20170311_163324.jpg

FYI The holes were punched, not drilled. The bottom of the hood will have a raised ridge around the hole from top to bottom.

I should have thought of that. Thanks! Need to find out the size and get a hole punch set.

I don't think you can punch a hood that is assembled, it looks like they did the skin and underbracing separately.

67 GTX hood scoop holes were done like this also.

I guess I should have been more specific in my request for measurements of the hood pin holes for my hood.

Could someone who has a hood with factory hood pins from a 70 Road Runner / GTX that was built at the Lynch Rd. plant please measure the diameter of the hood pin hole drilled in the hood from the factory?

Thank you.
Those photos I posted yesterday are from a Lynch Road car.

Auto Transport Service
Back