• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking For My '69 B5 Bee w/Red Stripe

SgtSuperbird

Local time
12:04 AM
Reaction score
As with most of these requests, I know it's a shot in the dark, but here goes:

Looking for a '69 Bee, 383, 4 speed with console, B5 blue, with B7 interior, Ramcharger hood, with an unusual RED stripe. Unfortunately, I don't have a VIN to reference, and when I blew up one picture containing the fender tag, it lost all clarity.

The car was sold in the Detroit area in about 1983. (Yeah, it's a long shot, but you never know.)

20240503_133558~2.jpg

20240503_133612~2.jpg

20240503_133547~2.jpg

20240503_133626~2.jpg

Last edited:
Is there a way to take the photo of the fender tag to a photo guy and have it enhanced? Maybe they can get enough clarity in it to make out the numbers. It might be worth a try.

I'm not a computer guy, but if Liam Nesson can get a picture of the guy who kidnapped his daughter from a kiosk machine in France, you should be able to get those numbers from your photo.

(Two bonus points awarded for the obscure TAKEN reference!)

Thanks for the help, xlr8. Yeah, it should be pretty simple - they do it all the time in the movies!

Good conversation today. Talk to you soon.

Is there a way to take the photo of the fender tag to a photo guy and have it enhanced? Maybe they can get enough clarity in it to make out the numbers. It might be worth a try.

I'm not a computer guy, but if Liam Nesson can get a picture of the guy who kidnapped his daughter from a kiosk machine in France, you should be able to get those numbers from your photo.

(Two bonus points awarded for the obscure TAKEN reference!)
Technically that's only possible if the original photo was taken at an extremely high resolution. If an existing digital photo isn't clear, it won't get any clearer when you blow it up. You can maintain clarity when decreasing the size, but not increasing. What you see in the movies is bogus, unless the original image is super hi-res.

Auto Transport Service
Back