• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Low compression 505

Kim, do you have 400 block available? I think the 1.34 compression height piston is for a 400 stroker combo.
Yep. Low deck block with 440 crank and rods. Somewhere around .010 deck. What is the piston size?
Edit. 060 over 440 piston would be .040 in a 400. 452cu in.

I would build it 8-1 if it had to run on pump gas and I ran at a track that was 10,000ft below sea level :)

Otherwise no.

Yep. Low deck block with 440 crank and rods. Somewhere around .010 deck. What is the piston size?
Edit. 060 over 440 piston would be .040 in a 400. 452cu in.

It would also work in a 400 block with a 4.25 crank and 6.535 rods to make 512 Cubic inches.

As stroke increases, compression goes up given the same deck height. Avoid the temptation to decrease compression by having the pistons down in the hole. Shoot for .039 ish quench . Much more that that and you’ll be fighting detonation, even at lower compressions.

FWIW, Jim Laroy built some big power strokers with low compression. My .02

I’m gonna have to check into running alcohol to see what’s all involved. I hear it can be a pita. Kim
Have you chosen your path of compression yet?

Auto Transport Service
Back