• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

100 Years of Chrysler event at Carlisle in 2025

Why is the hundred year celebration in 2025? I thought 2024 would be the 100 year anniversary of the first Chrysler cars. View attachment 1704202
Good question. 24 was the first car. Chrysler was a model of Maxwell. June 1925 was the official birth of the Chrysler Corporation, aka Ma Mopar, CDPD, etc. Maxwell was now a model of the new Chrysler Corporation.

HELL no, stellantis is goin down the tubes it ain’t funny. Dodge hasn’t even been at the show for the past 2 or 3 years, it seems like they released the Demon 170 and that was it for them.
Maybe they’re embarrassed…..

Good question. 24 was the first car. Chrysler was a model of Maxwell. June 1925 was the official birth of the Chrysler Corporation, aka Ma Mopar, CDPD, etc. Maxwell was now a model of the new Chrysler Corporation.
So in '24, Chrysler was a product of Maxwell, and in the summer of '25 Maxwell became a product of Chrysler (and then Maxwell was axed). But, I really think the introduction of the 1924 Chrysler line still counts as the 100 year anniversary. Walter P. was pretty much already in control by then anyway, and he used his own money to develop the 1924 Chrysler.

So in '24, Chrysler was a product of Maxwell, and in the summer of '25 Maxwell became a product of Chrysler (and then Maxwell was axed). But, I really think the introduction of the 1924 Chrysler line still counts as the 100 year anniversary. Walter P. was pretty much already in control by then anyway, and he used his own money to develop the 1924 Chrysler.
If the official paperwork says 1925 was the first year of Chrysler then officially 1925 was the first year.... It could be argued either way but in the end arguing serves no purpose... If Frank Rhodes (Walter P. Chrysler's Great Grandson) & Bill Adams Jr tell me 2025 is the 100 year anniversary, that good enough for me....

Well the 24 model 70 was the second car and motor WPC along with Zeder, Skelton and Breer had designed. Durant ended up with the first much to WPCs disgust.

Regardless, we’re doing it in 2025. Hopefully y’all can make it. Will be epic

HELL no, stellantis is goin down the tubes it ain’t funny. Dodge hasn’t even been at the show for the past 2 or 3 years, it seems like they released the Demon 170 and that was it for them.
Maybe they’re embarrassed…..

They knew the 2025 Corvette ZR1 was about to come out

When you have no presence at a major brand show, it means you have no use for us... as we have no use for you.

I was there in 2023 and DODGE Was Present then with a Display

Offered the quick blast on that track with the Hellcats

Anyways

Now they have the 2025 BEV Dodge Charger with its fratzsonic chambered exhaust.

I had one of these in 1963. My parents got me one, but I did not ask for it.

s-l1200 (1)~2.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back