• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

14" Wheel - 5" vs 5.5" - three questions

Charger Too

Local time
8:53 PM
Reaction score
Regarding 14" wheels: Will 5" fit on the front hubs (original drum or original disk) the same as 5.5", which came with the car? Will either width tighten on the front and rear hubs, and allow the lug nut to thread on far enough and cause no wobble? Is is okay to mix-match 5" and 5.5" on the car, or should they all four be the same? Thanks!

Let's see I believe you need 6 answers
Yes
Yes
yes
yes
Yes
No

Stock steel wheels? Ford wheels have a smalle center hole than mopar wheels and won't fit the mopar hubs.

What kind of brakes?

Let's see I believe you need 6 answers
Yes
Yes
yes
yes
Yes
No

Stock steel wheels? Ford wheels have a smalle center hole than mopar wheels and won't fit the mopar hubs.

What kind of brakes?
All are Mopar stock wheels. My 1967 Charger has original front disc brakes. My 1968 Charger has original front drum brakes. Will 5" work on either type of brake? Thanks!

Correct me if I'm wrong please, Mopar wheels were 5.5 and not 5"

318 b bodies in the 60's came with 5" wheels. The centers are the same as 5.5" wheels.

Now it brings up a thought, did 4 piston disk brake 318 cars come with 5" or 5.5" wide wheels?

Depends on how the backside of the rim is configured.

Post a picture I'll tell you if will or not

Auto Transport Service
Back