• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

14 years old, and here to stay

MoparKid

Local time
5:11 AM
Reaction score
Hey everyone, how's it going? I am new to the whole b-body but I'm familiar with a few things. Just want to learn more and possibly get to fixing up the recent car my dad has bought. I'll start with his car collection, hope you like!

Lime Green, 440-4Speed - Cuda',

Beautiful car at that. He got it I believe around Christmas of 09' and a nice story to go with it.

When he started talking with the guy, ( This is all from what I think, and most facts ) he begin liking the idea more and more. The guy came from Vegas, and had it on a trailer to get here. When the guy arrived, my dad checked the car out and he knew it wasn't ready for the big shots just yet, but some money never hurt anything. It was actually not what the guy said, it was more broken down and needed more fixing then talked about. So as the days went by slow, months went by slower, my dad met up with some people over at the S&T Autobody shop located near Katy, Texas - Where we live. It was a complete restore from old to new, and now it's worth more than paid.

Carshows? You have no idea. He went to the autorama the past year, and I believe as well the year before that one. Don't remember what trophy he got, but he got one. He does a bunch of other small carshows here in town, but the autorama is the big eye catcher for all car fans, don't you think?

Damages to the car were not "critical", but they were messy. A year at the autorama or another carshow, one of his rope stands fell over any punch a nice pencil eraser sized whole right above the "440" lettering on the car, but that was repaired.

At another car show, once at this high-school, he was leaving to go home, and when he pulled out of the lot his hood I guess flew off, put a big dent on the roof of the car, but did not crash the window. How lucky?

So that is his most prized "fish" he's ever caught.

B5-Blue Challenger

This is one of the new cars, somewhere between 09' - 10', where they had only created a certain amount, but then later came out with a different set but still the same look and blew up the amount by thousands. It's not your average muscle, but it's won it's fair share of shows as well. No work needed, but he tinted the windows, which in my opinion makes any good looking car look better.

74' Dodge Charger - The B-Body

So this is the car for the reason I am here. It's his newest car to where me and him will be working on it soon once received all of the parts. It's numbers matching so it was worth the wait. From what I understand numbers matching means it had nothing replaced with anything different than it's actual set, where it was the same before and now.

I'm here to learn about this car and to see what we can do, not that he doesn't know what to do, but I just want to know something more than "Keaton, hand me a wrench", to where it's "Keaton, go under the hood and tighten whatever." or something more complicated.

So this is me:

Fourteen Years Old
Name is Keaton Jones
Here to learn about the B-Bodies
Live in Texas
------------------

So I'm glad I could share my information with you all, and just for the future here are some other things.

I work very well with Sony Vegas 9, movie creation software.
I've done a lot of work on the forums, as you might be able to see.
Working on learning the basics and advanced steps of java.

Alright, hope to see you soon :icon_winkle:

Last edited:
Welcome Keaton. Nice to see a new generation carrying on the love of the old Mopars. I was a young lad of 13 when my dad bought his '69 road runner back in the summer of 1970. I'm not so young anymore but I still remember that car and the fun we had with it. Enjoy yourself and learn all you can. One day soon hopefully you'll be driving around in your very own classic Mopar. :thumbsup:

Challenger......................B-Body?:icon_axe::icon_scratch::yes_no:

...but don't go away just because they are E bodies. You are welcome here, too!

This thread made my day.
A few months ago, I offered a 1969 Roadrunner to the 16-year-old son of a good friend of mine, since I have no kids of my own.

He said he wasn't interested.

I couldn't believe it.
I can't even wrap my brain around the idea that a 16-year-old boy would rather have a rice grinder than a 60's muscle car.
And the thought crossed my mind that most kids these days may very well think the same way.

I for one am glad this kid posted today. Makes me feel just a bit better about the world.

Awesome this is what I like 2 see a 14 yr. old muscle car kid! Kinda thing that will keep these cars alive! And just cause u own E bodies doesnt mean u cant stick around and learn! Welcome from nw Indiana!

Welcome, Nice to see another guy saved from imports, Theres a few of us younger guys on here.
This thread made my day.
A few months ago, I offered a 1969 Roadrunner to the 16-year-old son of a good friend of mine, since I have no kids of my own.

He said he wasn't interested.

I couldn't believe it.
I can't even wrap my brain around the idea that a 16-year-old boy would rather have a rice grinder than a 60's muscle car.
And the thought crossed my mind that most kids these days may very well think the same way.

I for one am glad this kid posted today. Makes me feel just a bit better about the world.

Damn! I wish i was that kid. I remember just over 3 years ago when i turned 16 i talked my parents into letting me get a job just to save up til i could afford a pre 70's muscle car! 2 years later found my car online went to the guy and paid cash for it. But you don't understand how many of my friends would probably decline my offer if i asked to trade my car for there honda...(not that i ever would) The only thing i've been able to put together is that none of there dads have any muscle cars and probably never have. Where i grew up around muscle and v8's.

Well thank you all and I seem to have made a mistake, it is a 74' Dodge Charger, therefore being a B-Body haha.

I knew something was wrong when I got the E-Body replies, but it truly is an honor for me to be here and to have such a nice welcome team on board.

Give me a few minutes to take some pictures and post :D

Welcome aboard, I bought my 1st car 70 Cuda 440-6 when I was 14 going on 15. So when I saw you were my age when I started ,it just made sense to say Hello and wish you all the best and goodluck. I'm 51 and still going strong.
You know your hooked for life right.
And I'm still an Ebody guy too!

Attachments

• HEMI CUDA.jpg
    HEMI CUDA.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 581
  • 70 HEMI CHALLENGER.jpg
    70 HEMI CHALLENGER.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 572
Wow those are amazing, which one is which? Black one is a cuda' and is the green one as well?

Welcome aboard, I bought my 1st car 70 Cuda 440-6 when I was 14 going on 15. So when I saw you were my age when I started ,it just made sense to say Hello and wish you all the best and goodluck. I'm 51 and still going strong.
You know your hooked for life right.
And I'm still an Ebody guy too!

Superstock, How many cars do you have? Lol

Top ones a cuda bottom one is a challenger r/t 426hemi?

Welcome to the site MoparKid. I was absolutely obsessed with these cars since before I can remeber. My dad has told me that they used to find me sitting on the curb in front of my house when I was 4 or 5 watching the probably 18 year old nieghbor kids accross the street work on this beautiful red `68 Charger, this was in the early `70's. I have allways had a thing for those cars and am just as obsessed now as I was then.

most kids my age (18) see ricer honda civics and think its cool. i see it as a joke. although i think if they were givin he chance to drive a big block dodge theyd turn.

Howdy Keaton. I,m not far from you over in Rosenberg. I work in the woodcreek subdivision and in the Cinco Ranch area. Where do you go to school? My daughters a junior at Foster. Glad to see a young Mopar fan.

D Doge: Oh alright, cleared that up for me.

daredevil: I'm at Katy HS, crazy that your so close :)

welcome aboard keaton,it's nice to see young kids getting the chance to own and work on the older muscle.

Auto Transport Service
Back