• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Old member finally coming out... story of my true barn find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_5844.gif

Welcome from the middle of the Pacific ocean. I'm green with envy

Thanks all!
No NYC barns here, we're in the Southern Tier of NY 3 hrs from that city TG! West of the Catskills and not far from the PA border actually. The barn is a good dry one, but it was a NY car after all so has the typical NY rust, floors, lower quarters, trunk... but still solid in some good places too.
Thank goodness for the easily available repop sheet metal, makes it far more feasible than a C-body.

On the firewall there's bits of original color under the black, it's sort of a medium olive green, sure wouldn't be my 1st choice. But not exactly complaining. The interior is the same kinda darkish green and not bad shape. Not matching #s, the original 440 is missing as the (then) kid blew it up over 30 yrs ago but now has a '66 440 with Carter AVS 4 bbl, 4 spd with pistol grip shifter, both out of car. Have 2 axles: both a 3.72 (?) and a 4.11 (?), one of them out of 1 of the parts cars.

Guess I'm gonna learn about B-bodies now. Here's an '58 NYer with 392 hemi that I had about the same time the kid had his 3 R/Ts.
I'm an experienced Mopar guy but not one of these Bs.
I'll no doubt be on here asking some questions now!
Pics of a few of the parts:
Happy Motoring from Roger in NY

58NYvert2.jpeg

IMG_1578.jpg

IMG_1575.jpg

IMG_1579.jpg

IMG_1582.jpg

rrr 005.JPG

RT 003.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks all!
No NYC barns here, we're in the Southern Tier of NY 3 hrs from that city TG! West of the Catskills and not far from the PA border actually. The barn is a good dry one, but it was a NY car after all so has the typical NY rust, floors, lower quarters, trunk... but still solid in some good places too.
Thank goodness for the easily available repop sheet metal, makes it far more feasible than a C-body.

On the firewall there's bits of original color under the black, it's sort of a medium olive green, sure wouldn't be my 1st choice. But not exactly complaining. The interior is the same kinda darkish green and not bad shape. Not matching #s, the original 440 is missing as the (then) kid blew it up over 30 yrs ago but now has a '66 440 with Carter AVS 4 bbl, 4 spd with pistol grip shifter, both out of car. Have 2 axles: both a 3.72 (?) and a 4.11 (?), one of them out of 1 of the parts cars.

Guess I'm gonna learn about B-bodies now. Here's an '58 NYer with 392 hemi that I had about the same time the kid had his 3 R/Ts.
I'm an experienced Mopar guy but not one of these Bs.
I'll no doubt be on here asking some questions now!
Pics of a few of the parts:
Happy Motoring from Roger in NY

View attachment 1718868

View attachment 1718877

View attachment 1718878

View attachment 1718879

View attachment 1718880

View attachment 1718881

View attachment 1718883
Love the New Yorker very!!! He had a ton of parts so that’s a great thing

Verified the 7th VIN digit is G (St. Louis) and the original color is F4 "Light Green Poly" ... looks more like Olive green,
I think about half of the Mopars were that color, my old '71 Fury III driver was "Sherwood Green", the same color pretty much. Good color to blend in and hide from the Fuzz! lol

Verified the 7th VIN digit is G (St. Louis) and the original color is F4 "Light Green Poly" ... looks more like Olive green,
I think about half of the Mopars were that color, my old '71 Fury III driver was "Sherwood Green", the same color pretty much. Good color to blend in and hide from the Fuzz! lol
That shade of green and EF8

At 74 I'm on the fence with what to do, as I have some health issues.

Though I've restored a lot of cars over 45 years in the hobby I'd have to farm out all the work now on this one. I'm down to 1 other car, a '69 Olds Cutlass (ducks and runs) that's 95% done after almost 5 years of work.

I'm really torn as this is the rarest and coolest car I've ever had the priviledge of owning. Been going back and forth for
3 weeks now ever since I got it. The wife strongly is in favor of no more projects. You know how that goes lol. So with
a lot of reluctance I think I will need to find a home for it with someone who has more time, energy, (and $ too!) for it. Probably one of the most desirable Mopars out there,
and though a big project, how many are there? So guess
I'll be putting an FS ad on here. It's a must see in person.

IMG_1574.jpg

IMG_1576.jpg

IMG_1580.jpg

IMG_1581.jpg

At 74 I'm on the fence with what to do, as I have some health issues.

Though I've restored a lot of cars over 45 years in the hobby I'd have to farm out all the work now on this one. I'm down to 1 other car, a '69 Olds Cutlass (ducks and runs) that's 95% done after almost 5 years of work.

I'm really torn as this is the rarest and coolest car I've ever had the priviledge of owning. Been going back and forth for
3 weeks now ever since I got it. The wife strongly is in favor of no more projects. You know how that goes lol. So with
a lot of reluctance I think I will need to find a home for it with someone who has more time, energy, (and $ too!) for it. Probably one of the most desirable Mopars out there,
and though a big project, how many are there? So guess
I'll be putting an FS ad on here. It's a must see in person.

View attachment 1719201

View attachment 1719202

View attachment 1719203
@chargervert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back