• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1962 - 1965 Steel Wheels

khryslerkid

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:41 AM
Reaction score
I know there has been discussions on these before but I need some clarifications.

My first pic is of the Vintiques 63 series wheel.
Isn't the design from the 70's and not the 60's ? I'm not too keen on the smoother look for my '62.

Second picture is what Speedway Motors offers. I'm thinking this is the design for '62-'65 Mopars.

I'm not worried about any dog dish cap fitment. I'm not useing them.

The Vintiques advertise a 2.875 center hole.
The Speedway Motors wheel has a 2.840 center hole. 2.840 is what my factory 14" wheels measure. I don't think the.035 difference will be a problem. My only concern is if a upgraded front disk hub would be to big for 2.840 center hole.

Thanks in advance for any input or experiences.

Vintiques
Screenshot_2016-03-18-01-22-34-1.png

Speedway Motors
20160505_142947.png

I've got the Vintiques and there is no fitment issue. As for the look, I like em both. Got the Vintiques because price was good and they shipped for free from Summit. If Summit has the Speedways, I overlooked them but either will work.

That picture really plays tricks on your mind. Looks like the wheel is all cut up and is taken from the back side. Then when you focus on the shadows it looks normal. Lol

I'm still wondering what the diameter of these disk brake hubs are. Should be the same as the rear axle center so the wheels are interchangeable.

I've got the Vintiques and there is no fitment issue. As for the look, I like em both. Got the Vintiques because price was good and they shipped for free from Summit. If Summit has the Speedways, I overlooked them but either will work.

I don't believe Summit has the Speedway. I'm not even sure where Speedway gets theirs. They are on ebay for about the same cost as Vintiques and free shipping. Also they are bare metal, not painted.

How about 15 x 5 1/2 B-body,15 X 6 C-body.

Not running any caps. Going for the NSS ready to run look.
I got to thinking that they did have some skinny tires on them from factory. Can not find any info on stock rims anywhere. Tire sizes yes.
I'm wanting to use factory size rims and tires on the front, no pizza cutter rims!, and 8" inch on the rear. Paint them body color without caps.

I'm liking the thought of 6". Were they really 5.5 on a '62? I don't have any stock rims to compare.

15x8 Ramcharger rear,15x7 Diplomat/Grand Fury/Fifth Ave front with correct 62 10" hub caps.

Bill,s 62 wgn 072.jpg Picture 132.JPG

According to FSMs for 1962 -

Dodge B-Body wheel was 14" x 5" (5.5" on cars with 11" brakes.) No mention of Maximum Performance option.

C-Body wheels were 14" x 5.5", 14" x 6" or 14" x 6.5" for 300, Newport and New Yorker (depending on Town and Country option) and 15" x 6" specifically on 300H, all with 4.5" PCD like B-body. Imperials were 15" x 6" on 5.5" PCD for all.

I think I'm going with the Speedway Motors. They don't have the "windows" between the center and the rim. But I like the original look of the center.
There are factory, reconditioned 15" wheels available, in 5"-7", that I could use for the front. I'm wanting 8" for the rear so I might as well go with the Speedway wheels for all four. They have 5", 7" and 8".
Why isn't anything easy? Lol

Last edited:
4.25 seems to be the norm from what I've seen.
4.25 is farther away from the leaf springs than 4.5 but closer to the fender edge. Should give you 3/4" clearance there with a 60 series tire.

Can someone post a photo of an original Chrysler '62-'65 15" steel wheel just so we have reference on how they look?

4.25 seems to be the norm from what I've seen.
4.25 is farther away from the leaf springs than 4.5 but closer to the fender edge. Should give you 3/4" clearance there with a 60 series tire.

These is another thread where I posted pics of my 15x8 vintiques on my 62. With the 4.5" it is close to the leaves where there is about 1" between the wheel lip and tire with 255/60R15. 4.25" would be more centered in the wheel well.
http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopar...by-wheel-vintiques-at-summit-for-1962.106311/

Can someone post a photo of an original Chrysler '62-'65 15" steel wheel just so we have reference on how they look?
Reply #2 by 64 post shows a 62-65 15 inch steel wheel
Had these on the front of my 65 Coronet with disc brakes. Need to use spacers with these wheels and disc brakes.

Auto Transport Service
Back