• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1962 318 poly dual carb

Well it worked out I guess cause turns out the seller was a scammer. Luckily didn’t fall for it. So still lookin’ lol idk if I wanna spend 750 on an intake haha

Last edited:
Well it worked out I guess cause turns out the seller was a scammer. Luckily didn’t fall for it. So still lookin’ lol idk if I wanna spend 750 on an intake haha
Well, $750 for a maxwedge crossram is understandable, kinda hard to stomach a $750 single four barrel manifold for a 318 poly. But IF you are seriously considering a stroker.......
And IF an iron 4bbl stocker is really worth $3-500.......

Those factory dual quads used small wcfb carbs, long extinct. There are no shelf carbs today that are a bolt on. All of those old factory single plane and weind intakes are pretty crummy by todays standards. Finding a factory dual plane 4bbl intake may be the simplist solution.

If he’ll hold it ima grab that Chrysler power.

Question for you guys….maybe I’m being paranoid. Here’s some pics below of oil pressures…what y’all think?

This is cold idle in gear:
IMG_0185.jpeg

Hot driving about 35mph:
IMG_0187.jpeg

Hot idle in gear:

IMG_0188.jpeg

Hot idle in park:

IMG_0189.jpeg

What do y’all think? Is this a good operating oil pressure? I believe it’s 10w30, original motor (23k miles possibly).

I've seen cars live a long life with less (my ex gf's toyota), but, if it were me?..... I'd run an oil change with 20-50 through it.
I'd like 20 at a hot idle, 45+ on the freeway at temperature.

I've seen cars live a long life with less (my ex gf's toyota), but, if it were me?..... I'd run an oil change with 20-50 through it.
Ooof man idk if I wanna roll 20/50 through it right now. Perhaps I’ll just keep going and if it gets any worse I’ll move up. Plus I just bought a case of 10/30 driven hr2 oil lol

What you think of 15w50 or 10w40?

My thinking is it isn’t too bad…so maybe just a 10w40 would help. Thin when cold for the startup protection but just slightly thicker at temp idle.

If he’ll hold it ima grab that Chrysler power.

Question for you guys….maybe I’m being paranoid. Here’s some pics below of oil pressures…what y’all think?

This is cold idle in gear:
View attachment 1692219

Hot driving about 35mph:
View attachment 1692220

Hot idle in gear:

View attachment 1692221

Hot idle in park:

View attachment 1692222

What do y’all think? Is this a good operating oil pressure? I believe it’s 10w30, original motor (23k miles possibly).
It looks like you have some wear going on. Like recommended above, try some thicker oil or you could drop the pan and bolt on a new pump. It may be worn as well. While you are in there drop a main and rod cap for a look see. I bet you will find the bearings are getting down to the copper layer. Your pressure isn't in the danger zone but something you should keep an eye on. Just think, if all you had was a light you would never know and the engine would last another 10 years without concern.

It looks like you have some wear going on. Like recommended above, try some thicker oil or you could drop the pan and bolt on a new pump. It may be worn as well. While you are in there drop a main and rod cap for a look see. I bet you will find the bearings are getting down to the copper layer. Your pressure isn't in the danger zone but something you should keep an eye on. Just think, if all you had was a light you would never know and the engine would last another 10 years without concern.
Yeah that’s exactly what I was thinking. I had a crate motor (350) in an el Camino in high school. It would be 60 lbs cold and 15 hot, never found out why lol.

You think I should try the 10w40 over the 15w50? I bought 10w30 but I can hold onto it or send it back.

Auto Transport Service
Back