• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1965 413 into a 1966 Charger

BamaCharger66

Local time
11:55 PM
Reaction score
I figured out my exhaust manifold issue. Now that I was able to drop motor into place, my transmission mounts and shifter guide post are off about 4 inches…. I used my 1968 383’s motor mounts too. The 727 behind the 413 is a later link shift vs cable.
Is it possible my motor mounts are backwards..??

IMG_0239.jpeg

IMG_0241.png

That shifter post does not fit in that hole, it fits in a bracket that bolts to the tailshaft housing. Your trans might not have the ears that the bracket bolts to. I can't tell from your picture.

Ok. But you can see from the other photo where the trans bolt isn’t even close to its corresponding hole in the trans crossmember.

The picture of the crossmember is exactly as it is supposed to be. I am not sure what you are refering to.

The other hole would be for a four speed, but then it would not have the extension welded to the crossmember.

The photo with your hand, that shift post doesn't go in that hole on the trans.

Impossible to move it back that far, it would hit the firewall first.

It's very hard to put the engine mount brackets on the block wrong. The 68 383 brackets are the same as you need here

The transmission isolator looks like it might need to be replaced.
If that's a tear I see?

Disregard! I’m good. Don’t know why I thought it was off.

Auto Transport Service
Back