• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1965 413 Rocker Shaft Question

Probably a real early car... Cause yeah, pedestals & four bolts go together...
Here's something interesting. Found a '63 413 in the yard today with the pedestal rockers and 6 bolt covers.
20220918_144630.jpg

Casting number on the 63 heads was 2463200

RARE......

Because no one would "Ever" drill & tap the corners for later valve covers!!

2206324 is from '60-'62 361-383-413

Heads up to '63 had 4 valve cover bolt holes, so starting in '64 there would have been 6 holes

Last edited:
I have a pair sitting on my shelf. Closed chambered and no freeze plugs on the ends.

6 bolt valve cover heads have also been tied to cast-in rocker stands, introduced in 1964. Like others, I have never seen a 6 bolt head with bolt-on rocker stands. I have been playing with primarily big blocks for over 50 years. Another example of never say "Never" with Chrysler.

6 bolt valve cover heads have also been tied to cast-in rocker stands, introduced in 1964. Like others, I have never seen a 6 bolt head with bolt-on rocker stands. I have been playing with primarily big blocks for over 50 years. Another example of never say "Never" with Chrysler.
RB Valve Covers
check out the TSB at the bottom.

Auto Transport Service
Back