• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 Belvedere I Front Brake line and Distribution Block.

Art C

Local time
5:01 AM
Reaction score
I am restoring a 1966 Belvedere I and have done most of the brake work but have come to a hault in the front.
I am converting to duel MC and purchased a Distribution Block to do this Conversion.
My problem is after 3 front lines that go from the rite wheel to the block I cant get any to fit.
The only outlet left is on the right side of the block. Do I have the wrong block ? or the lines?
Can someone please send me a picture of the distribution block.
This is a problem when you dont take the car apart yourself.

Thanks Art

All you need to do is take the original distribution block and where the rear line connects put a 3/16 plug in that spot and the top hole put the front master cylinder brake line in that spot and take the rear master cylinder brake line, and a 3/16 union and connect it to the rear brake line That is all that is required they sell a kit that is essentially the same thing I have done it on five of my cars with no issue whatsoever works fantastic. Big bill.

All you need to do is take the original distribution block and where the rear line connects put a 3/16 plug in that spot and the top hole put the front master cylinder brake line to that and take the rear master cylinder brake line, and a union and connect it to the rear brake line That is all that is required they sell a kit that is essentially the same thing I have done it on five of my cars with no issue whatsoever works fantastic. Big bill.
Thanks for the reply but I was trying to keep it factory. If you can send a picture it will help.

Pics would help.

There's a '67 style block commonly available on ebay.

Is that what you have?

Looks like on my 66 cornet deluxe the top hole I used an adapter that is probably 1/4 to 3/16.

IMG_5015.jpeg

IMG_5016.jpeg

. And I think if I remember right, I just bought 67 and up dual master cylinder to the block lines.

IMG_5017.jpeg

Thanks for the guidance I will post my pictures and maybe make sense on what Im trying to do.

Heres what I have so far The white are towels in the holes The front line that runs along the Firewall goes in the side hole but my lines dont have that configuration.

6FCD9D9C-4091-435C-8C0B-DB7CB991AF8F.jpeg

09E2E97E-FE34-4CBE-B335-23ACC0FF93CA.jpeg

1EE68080-1CA8-4194-9065-A0977429141C.jpeg

CA0C2A23-2278-4831-B8F9-ADDCD4F1736F.jpeg

My 66 was converted to dual system. He used everything from a 1967 B body.

I can try to get the car out and take some pics, but not sure how well they will come out with my car being running and driving

underhood-66.jpg

Try this.

Top fitting goes to rear port on the master cyl
Right side lower fitting goes to front port of master cyl
Right side upper line/fitting goes to left front wheel
Left side Upper line/fitting goes to right front wheel
Left side lower line/fitting goes to rear axle / rear brakes

The entire braking system on my car is from Right stuff or Fine Lines ??? But was ordered as if for a 1967 GTX

prop-valve.jpg

This is off my 67 coronet which i assume is stock. It corresponds with gtx6970 states above.

brakelines.jpg

Last edited:
That doesn't directional switch, so no sticking in one direction.
I'll say it isn't clear about rear brakes, think your need a connector for rear brakes. The block they say has 1 in from master and 2 outlets for left and right side disc's or drums. Have factory block on my Satellite and wondering if the switch is partly stuck so brakes aren't great.

is your 66 power disc brake car ?
Im curious how they did the front to rear distribution on them , same as a normal 66 I assume . Just a simple 1 in and 3 out block ??????

All you need to do is take the original distribution block and where the rear line connects put a 3/16 plug in that spot and the top hole put the front master cylinder brake line in that spot and take the rear master cylinder brake line, and a 3/16 union and connect it to the rear brake line That is all that is required they sell a kit that is essentially the same thing I have done it on five of my cars with no issue whatsoever works fantastic. Big bill.

Nice simple conversion hack without having to buy anything but a coupler!

Auto Transport Service
Back