• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 blue whale restoration

66bluewhale

Local time
7:06 PM
Reaction score
1966 charger (blue whale restoration)

So I was going to sell the car but decided against it. I have other projects in the front that I would like to get rid of so I can put the charger in the drive way. In the mean time I thought I would ask around on where to start first.

The pictures are still up in the for sale post. Idk how to delete it. I can post the pictures up again if that would help.

The plan: I like the whole sleeper idea and I would like to convert it to a manual. I would like to fix the rust issues since it's a rolling shell and make my way to daily driver.

The engine is in pieces, the transmission i don't know if I should rebuild it (A844) or it can go in.
Driver side quarter panel has bondo/rust, surface rust here and there, front fenders have rust/bondo under the chrome, rotting under the trunk emblem, I can't remember what else at the moment.

Questions, comments, concerns, ideas will be appreciated.
Thanks guys

Last edited:
I'd love to see one of the first gen Chargers go together, pics please.

2011-11-11_16-38-18_269.jpg2011-11-11_16-38-38_497.jpg2011-11-11_16-39-08_109.jpg this is the current condition. I have the parts for it

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_20131103_134227_634.jpgIMG_20131103_134527_953.jpg IMG_20131103_134510_594.jpg IMG_20131103_134445_273.jpg

a friend at work told me to start on the engine first and work my way from there

- - - Updated - - -

just trying to get rid of the cars I have on my drive way so I can move the charger to the front and work on it. im chopping up a Porsche that got abandoned and we got stuck with it. should be all cut up this weekend :D

You should have it all back together and on the road in no time...good luck with the project.

My first Mopar was a 67, always liked that car outside of it being as gutless as all get out, The sleeper look sounds good and i to would want to fix all the rust issues, if its a roller, that would be the way to go. I think there a really nice looking car with the right stance with wheels and tires to match, Personally gloss black rims with chrome lug-nuts and some wide tires in the back would look killer on it! Good luck with it, sounds like a fun project...

Thanks guys I hope it all goes well. I just need help putting it back together cuz I haven't a clue. I did buy a shop manual from classic industries hope it helps me out.

Are there any spots that are notorious on the charger that will have rust and maybe spots you guys would recommend would need some customizing to prevent. Future rust issues?

Most of our cars have common rust prone areas floors, frame rails, rocker panels, trunk. And since you have the dash out look underneath where the vent hole is and see if you can see rust around there. Maybe get you a small mirror that you can bend at any angle to see those hard to reach areas that a flashlight won't show.

There is a 440 for sale that I'm looking at. It was pulled out of an rv and has 50k miles. He says it ran before it was pulled.
What questions should I ask about the engine and is it a good price for 500?

Let me know what you guys think

Auto Transport Service
Back