• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 satellite convertible

jamey

Local time
7:13 PM
Reaction score
This is my 67 satellite convertible that I bought in April of 2022. The car was in North Carolina it’s entire life but unfortunately stored in not the best environment. It was still wearing its original paint, interior and top. From the factory it was bright red, white top and red interior. 383 two barrel, auto on the column with buddy seat. Ac, ps, power drum brakes. Fairly loaded car. It had a poly 318 in it when I acquired it. So from being stored the way it was, floors and quarter panels had rust and will need replaced. The plans for the car are white top and red interior but since I’m not a fan of red it will be painted black with the silver bottom. Since the original drive train is long gone, I’m building a 480 ci hemi for the car and will install a tkx 5 speed and dana 60.
IMG_4424.jpeg

On the way home.

IMG_4458.jpeg

IMG_4459.jpeg

IMG_4461.jpeg

IMG_4462.jpeg

IMG_4464.jpeg

IMG_4465.jpeg

IMG_4480.jpeg

Fender tag
IMG_4490.jpeg
IMG_4489.jpeg
IMG_4488.jpeg
IMG_4491.jpeg
IMG_4627.jpeg
IMG_4626.jpeg

Pulled the original carpet out and part of the floor came with it. When inspecting the car the floors from underneath seemed extremely solid but I guess not. Not what I was expecting but I’ll fix it.

I know the pics don’t look horrible but it was very rusty, flaky and thin. Sat for years with the original carpet and apparently was damp over the years.

IMG_4625.jpeg
IMG_4628.jpeg

Tearing the car apart.
IMG_4908.jpeg
IMG_7482.jpeg
IMG_7483.jpeg
IMG_7484.jpeg

Test fitting the new floor pans and adding subframe connectors and modifying the torsion bar cross member for an over drive transmission.

IMG_7504.jpeg

IMG_8069.jpeg

I had parted out a four door Belvedere years ago and had the rear pan to use for the convertible.

IMG_8067.jpeg
IMG_8070.jpeg
IMG_8072.jpeg

Also had the section under the back seat from the four door and used it as well.

That’s where I am to this point. I will be getting the car on a rotisserie soon. Then I’ll clean up all the welds and open up the quarter panels. Once that’s done I’ll get the shell blasted, epoxied and ready to install the quarter panels.

Looks great. You did the same thing as I, after someone reminded me, to tie the SFC's into the spring boxes.

Nice.

How did the color on the console match up

Nice.

How did the color on the console match up

I scrubbed the broken console from my parts car and it is more of a metallic red compared to the darker red from the one I got from you. That’s down the road for now and I’ll decide what I’m going to do later on.

Looks great. You did the same thing as I, after someone reminded me, to tie the SFC's into the spring boxes.

Thanks. It’s more work but really stiffens the car up.

A car well worth saving, and you are doing excellent work. It is nice to see another '66-'67 B-body being saved. They are good looking and under-appreciated cars. Thanks for all your pictures, Jamey.

I scrubbed the broken console from my parts car and it is more of a metallic red compared to the darker red from the one I got from you. That’s down the road for now and I’ll decide what I’m going to do later on.
If I hear of a red 67 console.
I'll keep you in mind.
But no way would I paint the 68 one

Imo

If I hear of a red 67 console.
I'll keep you in mind.
But no way would I paint the 68 one

Imo

The dash and metal on the doors is a darker red. I’m not sure about the carpet yet but since I’m making the car the way I want I can match the carpet, console and dash/doors.

A car well worth saving, and you are doing excellent work. It is nice to see another '66-'67 B-body being saved. They are good looking and under-appreciated cars. Thanks for all your pictures, Jamey.
Thanks Dave. I love the 67's. I have several. Once this one is done, I have a 67 silver special 383 4bbl car to do.

A lot of nice work there! My 66 is red, black and some call it gold others tan. Ever have black car? I had one once.

Thanks Dave. I love the 67's. I have several. Once this one is done, I have a 67 silver special 383 4bbl car to do.
Here is my '67 Coronet R/T. A couple of my frends up here had Silver Special cars. Both came from U.S. These seem to be popping up more and more.

IMG_3215.jpg

Carlisle 2000.jpg

P6170076.JPG

A lot of nice work there! My 66 is red, black and some call it gold others tan. Ever have black car? I had one once.
I have a black hellcat challenger. Yes it a pain but bad *** looking!! Haha

Auto Transport Service
Back