• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Charger R/T 440 Magnum Proper Air Cleaner

RBlase

Local time
3:07 PM
Reaction score
I just bought a 1968 Charger R/T. The 440HP Motor has an air filter lid that reads "440 Four Barrel" is the what it was originally or should sat "440 Magnum"? this is a numbers matching R/T and I am trying to make it as close to original as possible. Any help on this would be appreciated. Thank You

60.jpg

1.jpg

11.jpg

30.jpg

You should pull the intake and paint it engine colour. That is a little sneaky trick I do. No sense giving away all your secrets. If you have the intake off, plug the heat riser ports. This will keep the paint from burning off the sides of your intake. Another plus I have found is that the cooler intake will not percolate all the fuel out of your carb, stinking up your garage after you shut the engine off.

Great looking 68!

if it is going to be "as close to original as possible" then the intake, headers and all the chrome will need to be gone.

I think it was over 2 years ago Classic said they were coming soon.

I just bought a 1968 Charger R/T. The 440HP Motor has an air filter lid that reads "440 Four Barrel" is the what it was originally or should sat "440 Magnum"? this is a numbers matching R/T and I am trying to make it as close to original as possible. Any help on this would be appreciated. Thank You

View attachment 1711789

View attachment 1711791

View attachment 1711792

View attachment 1711793
I think someone on here was selling a pie pan. Maybe do a search, BEAUTIFUL looking R/T and jealous

Auto Transport Service
Back