• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Charger spotted in the wild

68WS27

Local time
9:27 AM
Reaction score
Came across this nicely optioned stray out front a little old school garage in a southern Ontario city one Tuesday morning last month. Owner had dropped it off to get the power steering fixed. Apparently he's owned it for 50 years. I live 20 minutes away but have never seen it before. I left my number - still waiting on the call.....

IMG_2067.jpeg

IMG_2071.jpeg

IMG_2073.jpeg

IMG_2076.jpeg

Trusting soul. If he has owned it for 50 years and left it to be fixed, he is a more trusting person than me, or he knows the shop owner really well. Don't hold your breath for that call.

Hahaha. I talked with the garage boss man who gave me permission to take pictures. He knows the owner and was asking me mechanical advice and where to source parts for an old Mopar. All good.

Looks extremely well optioned!
I see power windows, A/C, cruise control, power brakes (possibly disc because has Bendix dual diaphragm booster), power steering. Also has buddy seat, vinyl top, chrome Magnum 500's, tinted windows and 26" rad ( as part of A/C option), sport steering wheel. So, yes, loaded up pretty good.

Just a courosity question.
Where tinted windows standard on AC equiped cars in '68?

UPDATE: I was talking with a (Chevy) car guy on the weekend and turns out he knows about the Charger. I guess the fella who owns it just parks it outside his apartment most of the year and only stores it away indoors over the winter months. Crazy eh? I do know of another older gentleman who has a red on white 1969 Coronet 500 convertible who also keeps his car outside with no cover from May to November, in the same town funnily enough. Built Mopar tough!

Auto Transport Service
Back