• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Convertible question

wannadrag29

Local time
6:24 PM
Reaction score
I have a 1968 GTX.
In the door Jamb are an anodized piece that is spring loaded, held to the jamb with two Philip's head screws.
My question is, Is there supposed to be a "striker" or plate or grommet on the door that this piece would touch? It looks like my door has two indents or punch marks which look like they line up perfectly with where this jamb piece is. If I am missing a piece, obviously the door has been swapped out. I cant yet check the passenger side because of how my car is parked.
If any one has a convertible that could tell me if there is a small something screwed to the door, I would appreciate it.
From what I understand this piece is convertible only, and is to keep the body from flexing with the doors closed.
Also, Awesome site I've been surfing it and the classifieds all day!

I think I chimed in on this question under a different user name... anyway, there isn't anything "spring loaded" in my '70 convt. There IS a convt. only little brass striker held in by two screws that's reproduced. Now that I think of it, I think there's a "sort of equivalent" brass striker on the door side too, but I'd have to look to be sure (I'm not near the car now)

Is this the part on the door jamb that your referring to ?

sm_convertiblewedges.jpg

Is this the part on the door jamb that your referring to ?

View attachment 390419
Yes! That is the part in the Jamb. Now on the door is there a plate screwed to the door?
Also in the picture, the brass or Anodized piece is spring loaded and will move towards to interior if you push it. I just needed to know if it is that brass against painted metal on the door or if there is a striker plate. Thanks.

There is also a striker plate on the door that comes in contact with the one on the jamb.

Man I've got the same problem on my 68 I am missing the door stricker ones as well. I have the body ones. Good luck on your search my Friend.

Hey all you guys looking for these they are available on Ebay.
They are reproductions for $60.00 a pair.
Do a search on "mopar b body convertible" and keep scrolling down until you find them.
As far as re plating the door jamb strikers I would think you could contact someone who does wiper motor restorations where they re plate the barrel in the gold anodized finish and see if they might be able to help you with the strikers also- I don't see why not?

Yeah there is a set on Ebay with all four pieces for about 140ish.
Just needed two of three, But thanks for all the help.
69 rt found some new sets on ebay. I purchased a set today

Yeah there is a set on Ebay with all four pieces for about 140ish.
Just needed two of three, But thanks for all the help.
69 rt found some new sets on ebay. I purchased a set today
The set that 69rt found was 60 dollars and are new and restored. On ebay as mentioned I think on page 3.

Auto Transport Service
Back