• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Hemi Roadrunner

Car Man

Local time
7:30 AM
Reaction score
I am in the process of reassembly of my car. It had manual drum brakes. I will be adding front disk brakes with rear drum
What would be one of the better master brake cyclinder to use? Thanks Pat

One without a residual pressure valve in the front.

Are you trying to keep things looking somewhat oem or do you care about that?

A lot of questions, but first, were the manual drum brakes 11X3 on the front as original?

When I built my Hemi Challengers a couple years ago I used a reproduction Hemi Master Cylinder in both of them. They worked great, Sorry I don't have a better photo. The GTX shot shows the booster setup but the M/C attached is not a Hemi one. I don't know if these photos will help you.

1 year Challenger 014.JPG 1 year Challenger 006.JPG gtx underhood.jpg

OEM. Does it still require the proportioning valve that mounts to the lower frame?

Looks good in your car

What is the red capsule below your master cycl.

It’s a residual pressure valve I installed when chasing a soft pedal. Turns out I had a minor minor weaping/leak at the rear wheel cylinder where the hard line connects. I probably don’t need it but it doesn’t hurt anything now…

You’re welcome, good luck with your conversion

For manual disc brakes most like the mastercylinder with 15/16 bore. If its a bigger bore there is considerable more effort at the pedal.

Auto Transport Service
Back