• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Roadrunner refresher

Well made the local show. Looks good inside the lights and they put a lot of us Mopars together which is cool!

057BE1DA-22C9-4DD7-9105-F622CA1E943C.jpeg
39B7B963-8661-4BBA-A153-A2963FD286D5.jpeg
317A56EC-821B-4EE1-A5D7-F053284464F0.jpeg
86DD188B-D29B-4F26-8057-0327056C2510.jpeg

Got a pic outside the show before loading to go home and a couple awards yesterday. Felt good having so many people love the color choice and reassured me I made the right choice of sticking with the original color. Great show and turnout. Fun weekend for sure.

1679934499567.jpeg

1679935099777.jpeg

1679934653498.jpeg

1679935081148.jpeg

Forgot to post this outdoor show at work. They did a cookout and food trucks for a car show for lunch at work. Turned out pretty good. Felt good had about 50 people tell me it was the nicest car there. Good to hear 3 years worth of work paid off ha!

runnermoog.jpg

Asshole move of the week here! :BangHead::lol::rofl: So I go look tonight as I dump the coolant and tear off the thermostat housing to see that the gasket that Mancini sends with their water pump install kit is soaked in coolant. It seems like it wicks coolant as it was soaked in it and peeled right off all soggy. I decided to use a felpro blue gasket which I have never had as issue with using that and RTV on it. I used RTV with the mancini deal too but it was leaking all around. Not the asshole move though......so I tear the manifold off looking into why I have a huge *** leak between the block and manifold. Lone behold I missed a piece of gasket that was glued to the manifold and that caused a huge leak! So in my defense this was welded to the manifold and extremely hard to see as it even had the same texture and rust color as the face of the manifold did so I had to look real hard. So there's the asshole move of the week from me and hopefully tomorrow when I fire it up with the new flange gasket that comes from summit it'll be quiet, leak free from exhaust and coolant, and all is well again. Even those who do this alot can "F" stuff up here and there ha! Gotta laugh and keep it light before I lose my mind. Hope someone gets a good laugh and learns something from this too!
What ended up with your exhaust Flange gasket? My A12 keeps blowing the damn things out if I "Romp" on it (as we say in CA) or used to.. Turns out it looks like a Solid metal gasket may have been factory? Havent seen any cracks in the HP manifolds, Im beleiving this is from engine Torque to the Right.. (Pain in the ***!)
Thanx By the way

What ended up with your exhaust Flange gasket? My A12 keeps blowing the damn things out if I "Romp" on it (as we say in CA) or used to.. Turns out it looks like a Solid metal gasket may have been factory? Havent seen any cracks in the HP manifolds, Im beleiving this is from engine Torque to the Right.. (Pain in the ***!)
Thanx By the way

Ended up being a piece of the old gasket stuck on the engine around the exhaust manifold port. I scraped it off and put a new gasket on and no problems since. Factry never had gaskets, but it's 50yr old metal so I figured a gasket wouldn't hurt. This was on the engine side not the flange side.

Beautiful car and great thread! Thanks for sharing all the pics for me to reference as I put mine back together!

Beautiful car and great thread! Thanks for sharing all the pics for me to reference as I put mine back together!

Thanks man! Any other pics or info let me know as I will try and be as helpful as I can be.

Auto Transport Service
Back