• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969/2023 challenger

mmartoi

Local time
11:43 AM
Reaction score
Need some help from more experienced men then me. I have a 1969 road runner. Not a numbers matching, floor pans, trunk pans replaced. I have acquired a 2023 challenger (jail break) my plan is to use motor transmission. I do know holly offers a wiring harness that makes it a stand alone.
Some questions I have,
Can I use the Brembo brakes on 23 car?
Can I use the suspension off 23 on 69?
Will the cradle from 23 fit in 69?
Thank for any and all help.
IMG_20240803_162518.jpg
20240913_200152.jpg

I agree with the above, anything is possible with enough money work and skill but it is not going to be cheap or quick. That said, the engine is the easy part. You didn't say what trans was in the 23 but if it is an AT it will require a fair bit of tunnel rework and if it is a manual you will need to heavily modify the T bar cross member.

The brakes/suspension are not going to work without HEAVY modification. You are probably better off to sell everything you can from the 23 and recoup some money and put towards buying the things you need/want for the transplant.

I put a 5.7 into a 71 Charger, I used TTI mounts because I used TTI headers. I used the Holley pan and also their accessory front plate, I am using the Terminator X Max as well. I used a TKX transmission which fit nicely. I am still using the factory suspension but I did go with Wilwood for the brakes front and rear. All of this was relatively easy to install and I would say that pretty much anyone could do it, however trying to install the 23 suspension (front and rear) is a whole other world.

Good luck

Auto Transport Service
Back