• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First new tool box since '67...

bang head.gif

Nice tool storage there. Like the deep drawers, and the long center drawers too. A lot of my larger tools (like the 36" precision straight edge) are hanging on the wall.
Had to check out the specs on it, over 600 pounds empty!

Had this one since '63
orange box 1965.PNG

Then I bought this one used from the Cornwall Tools salesman in '66 and it's been in the back of my hemi-powered sedan for better than 52 years.
34 box.jpg

Then a couple of Craftsman roll-aways with an intermediate box and top boxes in '78.
Craftsman boxes.jpg

Next came the blue Cornwell box and side cabinet on the right side of the picture in 2005. Then I got two more Snap-on roll-aways with MAC top boxes and a side cabinet (used) in 2007.
DSC_4223.jpg

Another used Snap-on roll-away came a couple of years later and I ran out of floor space to put the boxes so the rest of the stuff went on shelves, It's too clumsy to put in tool boxes anyway.
Buffing supplies.jpg

More shelves.jpg
Shelves.jpg

This is ONLY my automotive tool storage. I have more tool boxes for all of my electrical equipment but most of those cases are in my '08 Magnum along with all of my wiring supplies.

You can never have enough tools.

Oh yeah, I forgot this one. Bought it new just before the Wuhan Flu pandemic.

Snap-on cart.jpg

Got a couple of el-cheapo boxes in the basement of my home for my carpentry and plumbing tools, too.

I've owned all of those boxes, I got a 54 inch Chinese Torin top for 200 on marketplace, and a 54 inch Husky bottom for 200 on Craigslist. I have acquired many many quality Snap-on, Mac and Matco tools. I also am considering a bigger box but I've never justified the Snap-on price for a box! But one thing I've learned BEFORE talking myself into a purchase, I get rid of the things in my box that REALLY don't need to be in there...lol

I never throw anything away if it's the least bit useful. People are always coming to me to borrow tools I've had for decades, like that K-D lifter removal tool from another post.

Last edited:
IMG_0529 (002).jpg

three year old pic, Not enough space for more so I used one of the other boxes.
IMG_0330.JPG

Hunting for the right tool is no problem. Everything's where it belongs.

cool box ! i’m looking for more space also . i’ll have a look next trip to depot ! what are they asking for it ?

I never throw anything away if it's the least bit useful. People are always coming to me to borrow tools I've had for decades, like that K-D lifter removal tool from another post.
My grandfather was a car manufacturer back just after the turn of the last century.. I STILL have three of his old wooden tool chests and a lot of the tools inside.

By the way, I have the original litho-plate that his original photo was generated from in the Standard Catalogue of American Automobiles in my book case.
George U Readio.jpg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back