• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Charger 440 procharged head and cam help?

raymond73

Local time
5:09 AM
Reaction score
Hi i have a 446 w/eagle crank and rods je -18cc pistons. Girdle and half fill. Edelbrock rpm otb and crane gold 1.5ratio. A edelbrock pro flow intake w 95mm holley tb and procharger f1 and holley water and meth. Crane hyd roller 0.50 230 236 dur. and 528/539 lift ... A HR-230/352-2S-14 grind. Tti 2" headers and 3" exhaust. 727w/gearvendor and dana60 3.73.
Charger is 588 whp now at 15psi
I think i need some new head and cam can some one give me some pointers??? I was thinking on trick flow 240 head and 1.6 ratio rocker?? And what about head gasket? Some says 0.040 and some says 0.051???

IMG_20181119_161912089.jpg

Hi i have a 446 w/eagle crank and rods je -18cc pistons. Girdle and half fill. Edelbrock rpm otb and crane gold 1.5ratio. A edelbrock pro flow intake w 95mm holley tb and procharger f1 and holley water and meth. Crane hyd roller 0.50 230 236 dur. and 528/539 lift ... A HR-230/352-2S-14 grind. Tti 2" headers and 3" exhaust. 727w/gearvendor and dana60 3.73.
Charger is 588 whp now at 15psi
I think i need some new head and cam can some one give me some pointers??? I was thinking on trick flow 240 head and 1.6 ratio rocker?? And what about head gasket? Some says 0.040 and some says 0.051???

View attachment 722114

What is your compression ratio? What size injectors are you running? I don't think the factory 35lb injectors are not big enough.

Last edited:
What is your compression ratio? What size injectors are you running? I don't think the factory 35lb injectors are not big enough.
Hi i have 9.1:1 in compression and 66 lb injectors and i have a Holly hp ecu.

Hi i have 9.1:1 in compression and 66 lb injectors and i have a Holly hp ecu.

The Trick flow 240's will give you better flow witch will in turn be more HP. Head gaskets will depend on how far up into the cylinder your pistons are. Keeping the quench at around .040 would be good as long as the valves are not hitting the pistons. The 1.6 Rocker ratio will give you more lift which is good (again) as long as the valves are not hitting the pistons. You can go bigger on the cam but might loose a little street-ability.
You have all the right parts in there now for a great performing street car. The only thing we don't know is what torque converter you are running. Why are you looking for more power? Is this a stock block?

Hi and thanks. I have zero decked IT. So i think i Will go for 0.040 Cometic. I heard its Will be worse w/ 0.051 (detonation)??? I have a dynamic 9.5" steel stator 3200stall. I think i can use The 1.6 rocker. Yes i like that cam on The street. More power? He he i have a friend w a 71 ls power Corvette i like to park

Hi and thanks. I have zero decked IT. So i think i Will go for 0.040 Cometic. I heard its Will be worse w/ 0.051 (detonation)??? I have a dynamic 9.5" steel stator 3200stall. I think i can use The 1.6 rocker. Yes i like that cam on The street. More power? He he i have a friend w a 71 ls power Corvette i like to park
And yes IT is a stock block so i think i am close to The limit?

And yes IT is a stock block so i think i am close to The limit?

You are approaching the limit for your block. If it's only a street car you could probably push it a little more. We all get a little greedy for power on occasions. :lol:

I would keep pretty much everything you have and possibly change the heads to the TF 240's. At that point you have my dream car. Hell, right now you have my dream car. Enjoy what you have, it's a sweet ride :thumbsup:

You are approaching the limit for your block. If it's only a street car you could probably push it a little more. We all get a little greedy for power on occasions. :lol:

I would keep pretty much everything you have and possibly change the heads to the TF 240's. At that point you have my dream car. Hell, right now you have my dream car. Enjoy what you have, it's a sweet ride :thumbsup:
Thanks i realy like The gtx you have. Here in norway you see more chargers than road runners and the gtx is very reare here. I had a 68 gtx in 2005 and that was The ONLY known 68 gtx in norway at The time. I know that now is more but its most 70's gtx. Ps: i love that dogdish Wheels you have.

Thanks i realy like The gtx you have. Here in norway you see more chargers than road runners and the gtx is very reare here. I had a 68 gtx in 2005 and that was The ONLY known 68 gtx in norway at The time. I know that now is more but its most 70's gtx. Ps: i love that dogdish Wheels you have.

Thanks. If it was up to me I would own one of all the muscle cars. Unfortunately my wife disagrees with me :rofl:.

Auto Transport Service
Back